Windows 7 Driver powers state failure BSOD after long shutdown

Domagoj Cvetko

Hi,

as you can see I'm new here but I decided to join and share my problem in hope of finally finding a solution. I searched the web and this forum about this particular BSOD event but none was like mine and solutions mentioned were very complicated to follow so I decided to open my own thread. I hope I opened it in the right section of the forum.

So as the title says I have BSOD driver power state failure happening daily on my ASUS N53SV laptop. It worked perfectly, without this or any other error for over a year and then it started. What always happens is after some period of working on my laptop I normally go to shut it down (before sleep, etc) and since it happened so many times now I already noticed a pattern. Usually (for the first year of use) when I press shutdown, the laptop shuts down in a matter of seconds, shutdown sequence starts right away. But now, when I press it, for about 5 seconds nothing happens, then the Force close window appear but there are no applications still running. After that it goes to shutting down screen and stays there. Usually I don't force turn off and I just let it be like that so when I come back to use it I find the laptop rebooted and an error window saying: "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown". Once I actually sat in front of my laptop for about an hour and then it finally turned off, rebooted right away and there was the blue screen. After that it boots normally. Now the reason I'm explaining this so thoroughly is because on other similar topics I see people already attaching their minidump files and event logs. Thing is, I'm not that smart when it comes to computers and since the laptop is under warranty I don't think this is my problem to solve. However, the laptop was checked and "fixed" and when I got it it was back on its factory settings. So I went and did some usual things that I do with a new computer such as installing Microsoft SE as AV software and also installing Spybot S&D. Then for about 3 days all I do is install a bunch of Windows updates including Service Pack 1. After that I install the newest drivers for my Intel graphics and wifi and then the newest drivers for my nVidia GeForce GT 540m graphics card. Everything seems to work fine and then it starts. I don't know if it means anything but when the shutdown sequence "hangs" my nVidia graphics card is activated so that might be an indication of problem. My laptop specs are: intel i7 2630qm, 8GB ram, Asustek Comp. Inc. motherboard, Intel HD3000 integrated graphics and nvidia card I mentioned before and Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit version that was already installed on my laptop when I got it.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1050

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA800C434910
BCP3: FFFFF800045893D8
BCP4: FFFFFA800C219AB0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\110212-19281-01.dmp
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-55770-0.sysdata.xml

This is the error message that I "wake up to every morning". If you need me to do anything like attaching some files please instruct me on how to do it as I mentioned I'm really not good at this. Again I'm sorry for posting such a long description of my problem but I figured it's the best thing to do and every little detail might help you guys help me. Thanks in advance.

Please send the files

C:\Windows\Minidump\110212-19281-01.dmp

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-55770-0.sysdata.xml

Back