Windows 7 Printer Spooler Error

vityea

Hi all I'm new here,

could anyone tell me how to fix printer spooler error? it doesn't start running. When I click start it show this "Error 1068: The dependcy service or group failed to start."

Thanks

To resolve the problem, fix the dependency information for the Spooler service.
Click Start, Run and type the following:
CMD /K SC CONFIG SPOOLER DEPEND= RPCSS
Alternately, to accomplish this using Registry Editor:

Click Start, Run and type Regedit.exe
Navigate to the following branch
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ Spooler
In the right-pane, double-click the DependOnService value
Delete the existing data, and then type RPCSS
Close Regedit.exe

Just an observation, my registry entry has "RPCSS http". Possibly because I have a wireless print server but not sure.

Otherwise, is there anything in the Devices and Printers window that might have been a bad install and causing problems when it tries to load one of the printers?

Have you tried using Task Manager or the Services Admin Window to shutdown and restart the Print Spooler?

Click on the dependencies tab in the print spooler service properties window and you will see which services are required for the print spooler service to run.

If any of these services are not running then the print spooler service will fail to to start.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 966
Hi,

Go to Start / Run and type in "services.msc" without quotation marks, then press Enter or click OK.

In the window that opens (Services) look for "Print Spooler" on the right

Right-click "Print Spooler" and select "Properties".

Click on the "Recovery" tab and change all 3 drop-down boxes to "Restart The Service".

Make sure the 2 text boxes underneath say "1" in them.

Click Ok until you are back at the Services window, close it and you're good to go.

Go back into the properties of the "Print Spooler" tab and be sure to click Start to restart the Print Spooler service and it will restart the service immediately.

The Print spooler depends on the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service. Is this service disabled? Go to services.msc look for RPC. Check state: Automatic

Back