Windows Vista Problem Burning an ISO file

Chris Boyd

i tried burning an ISO file, and im using my Windows 7 Toshiba L655D laptop, and it wont burn.

i get this error code

error.png

so i dont know whats going on, i dont know if im missing a driver or what, so if someone could please help me.

Hi Chris and Welcome to The Forum.

I think you'd be far better off using the free ImgBurn. Far more easier to use and if you make a "mistake" it corrects you in quite a humorous way.

Did I mention that it's free?

I second the ImgBurn and set the write speed to 4X. Burning faster frequently causes problems
Joe

Different burning software might help, although I have never have a Windows 7 or 8 image not burn correctly -- Except when I was using 4x DVD media..using a 16x one solved that problem and the burn succeeded. But media does matter, and the other burning software might be more forgiving.

There is always a chance the download might have problems.

The error you had, there are possibilities to deal w/ it.

1. Is that drivers/firmware need updating from the optical drive manufacture's site
2. Using different media (different type of blank DVD) solves it
and lastly
3. A hardware problem w/ the ROM.

I was able to find a quite a bit referring to said error.

I have never had any problem using the native image burn of Windows7.

Drew

The error you had, there are possibilities to deal w/ it.

1. Is that drivers/firmware need updating from the optical drive manufacture's site
2. Using different media (different type of blank DVD) solves it
and lastly
3. A hardware problem w/ the ROM.

I was able to find a quite a bit referring to said error.

I have never had any problem using the native image burn of Windows7.

Drew
Neither have I. On my MSI, I use the Windows Disc Image Burner a lot, and never had problems burning Windows & Linux OS's, as well as backup/partitioning boot disks.

Sometimes the brand of disks does make a difference. I often use the ones that comes in 100 pack sleeves (Magnavox) for $14.99 for DVD-R, $12.99 for CD-R. Every now & then I'll get a bad disk, I just toss them and go on. The reason that I use this brand for this price is because I use a sleeve of each twice a year.

If I were to burn a set of recovery disks, I have some Sony brand DVD-R on hand for these type of tasks. They cost more, they're $14.99 for 25 of them.

There's one other thing (that Drew hasn't covered) that comes to mind, that's the registry values becoming corrupt somehow. I used the Microsoft Fix-It-Center to repair it, it was good to go. Don't know how they got out of whack, but I was glad to have that tool handy. The Microsoft Fix-It-Center can be found here, it diagnoses many issues & repairs them as you're watching.

Microsoft Fix it Solution Center: troubleshooting software issues

Cat

There is an old remedy for this, dating back to XP, but still working through Windows 7.
Try this:
(Back up your registry before trying this!)

Open Regedit

Navigate to these two keys. (I think the second one will be the more succesful)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11­CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11­CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

If you see subkeys named: UpperFilters or LowerFilters, right click to delete them
Reboot and see if you can now burn.

davehc, that's what I meant, the filters is what MS Fix-It-All corrected. In my case, what I believe happened, was that I had removed some unwanted burning software (some of that Ashampoo crap) using Revo Uninstaller. I used the most aggressive option, I noticed a few days later that my optical drive wouldn't install MS Office.

Tried to watch a regular movie DVD, no good. Fortunately, I had the Fix-It-Center on my PC. It repaired all in 2 minutes.

That simple tool can do a lot of good things, not everything, but it's good to have on hand.

Cat

Ah Well, looks like the op solved his problem, one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom