Windows 8 Problem on the displaying of the new name of an account

balubeto

Extraordinary Member
Hi

I created a local account in Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit and then, via the User Accounts applet, I have renamed this account and I restarted the computer.

Now, I have logged into this account and I switched to my Microsoft account and I restarted the system.

So, I logged on to this account Microsoft and I switched it back to my local account and I restarted the computer again.

Now, when I log in to my local account, the old name of my local account is always displayed.

So, how do I have to do to display always the new name of my local account whenever I switch from my Microsoft account to my local account?

Thanks

Bye

As far as I know it will only show the name of the account your logged in with and you can only have one account to sign in with. So my question is why are you switching accounts so much to log in? You can add user accounts to the main account like the previous versions of windows.

Hi

I created a local account in Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit and then, via the User Accounts applet, I have renamed this account and I restarted the computer.

Now, I have logged into this account and I switched to my Microsoft account and I restarted the system.

So, I logged on to this account Microsoft and I switched it back to my local account and I restarted the computer again.

Now, when I log in to my local account, the old name of my local account is always displayed.

So, how do I have to do to display always the new name of my local account whenever I switch from my Microsoft account to my local account?

Thanks

Bye

You might be as well to just create a new local account and delete the old one. Saying this though, it's always more desirable to try and use Windows 8 with a Microsoft account. Just using a local account will mean you lose some functionality and won't be able to sync your pc and save settings. Using a Microsoft account your instantly in touch with Mail, Messages and apps like Facebook.

I have noticed that the full name of the local account (set with the net users "<username>" /fullname:"<full name>" command) is deleted whenever
[ I switch from a Microsoft account to the local associated with it. So, how do I have to prevent this?

Thanks

Bye

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this tutorial. Judging on what I've read I don't think you can create a local account, that is permanent, so that you can use it to switch between a Microsoft account and a local account. Each time you enter the Microsoft account the local account will effectively be deleted :

How to switch between Local and Microsoft accounts in Windows 8

Hi

I've had essentially the same problem.
The people who made my computer used the name on my credit card, which is not exactly the name I use in real life.

I don't go by my first name.

I've tried to change it but it always displays the original name after rebooting.

I finally just decided to live with it but if you find a way to do it post it here.

Mike

OK: I'm going to make a liar out of myself.

After writing this I decided to go and try changing my name again.
This time it seems to have worked, I rebooted and it's still displaying my new name.

I know I've tried this several times before, right after I got the computer, so I have no idea why it works this time.

Maybe my firewall will start working someday too.

Back