Windows 7 Problem Printing Wirelessly With Sony Vaio

Mindcrime

I have a Sony Vaio laptop, E-Series VPCEA24FM, running Windows 7, and I have trouble getting it to print wirelessly.

I first tried it with a Lexmark Pro900 Inkjet printer, but when I sent a file, it would sit in the queue indefinitely, even though the print monitor indicates that the printer is 'Ready.'

I thought it was a printer problem, so I got a new Brother HL-2270DW Laserprinter. The same problem would occur, it wouldn't print. In both cases, reinstalling the printer allows it to print once, but if the device goes into standby, I can never print to it again from the Sony Vaio. I have two other laptops, running Windows Vista and Windows 7 respectively, and both can print to both printers just fine.

I don't think it's a network issue, because I maintain my internet connection constantly. Is this a problem unique to the Sony Vaio? Is there any hope of getting this laptop to print without plugging it in?

Do you show as having Network Discovery turned on? Comparing the computers for Network settings might give some info.

Do you show any messages in the Event Viewer about the situation?

Have you checked the port settings for the printers and compared them to the others?

It might be a situation where the data is being corrupted in a queue, probably the Vaio, so it only prints the one time. There may be some settings in the Printer Properties (middle one in context menu) you could adjust.

Back