Windows 8 problem signing out of email account

silver fox

i cannot find the icon to sign out of my email account which is yahoo.com
can some one help please

Hi,

usually the sign out icon is found in area highlighted:

sign out.jpg

You'll notice I'm using Chrome, perhaps, if your using IE10 you need to press the compatibility tab in the address bar? It looks like a rectangle with a slash going through it diagonally.

It might also interest you to know that you can have your email directed to the mail app in the Modern UI screen or Metro. If this is something that might interest you then please let us know and we can set you on the right path.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kemical
many thanks for your reply but I cannot find any highlighted areas that state sign out
and also there is no compatability tab in the address bar
on my tablet and other laptop there is the log out sign but nothing on this
Regards
Silver Fox

Hi,

could you take a screenshot for me? This can easily be done by holding down the windows key and then pressing the 'print screen' key. You'll find a folder in your pictures library entitled screenshots, your screenshot can be found here. Use windows paint to then save it as a jpeg and post it in the forum.

This is why I hate Yahoo...it always been so hard to navigate and it's never been truly user friendly. Then came the new mail...what a joke that was.

Anyway, like kemical asked, post a screen shot so we can see what you see.

hi kemical,
i think i have loaded yahoo on my windows eight laptop wrong because there is no sign in icon either so i am going to
take it off and start again
regards
silver fox

Back
Top Bottom