Windows 7 problem with display

aziz

Hello,
I just purchased a new laptop with windows 7 home premium installed in. I connected the laptop to my SHARP 32"LCD through HDMI port and the problem I have now is that the desktop is bigger than the LCD screen I can not see all the desktop I want to make the desktop fully fit on the screen, please see the attached screenshot, this is basically what I am seeing throug the LCD scrren.
I tried to make to change the size of the test through Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display I did not work, I tried changing the resolution I did not work either, can you guys help me with this?

screen.jpg 3.jpg

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 293
Give me the make & model or the laptop & the Sharp & I'll offer to research this for you. Are there no screen adjustments (Settings) on the Sharp that will correct this? Make sure it's using the latest & correct drivers for the vid card in the laptop ... & 1280x720 stikes me as sounding a bit low for a 32" screen. I know it says "Recommended" but, can you not select a higher resolution? Oh, right, you did say you can't change it... sounds like a driver issue, @ this point.

Drew

Back