Windows 8 Problem with the memory indexing in windows 7.

NAVEEN RAJ

In my system, the size of each and every file and folder displaying the memory occupied in an odd way. here is a screen shot of my problem. please help me how to rectify it.
Capture.JPG

Your drive is too full. Lose or move some data to either a different drive or DVD's. Ideally you should leave around 25% of your drive free for it and the os to work effectively.

Your solution did not solve my problem. I never experienced this kind of problem in other systems in our office. Even after moving the data, still the problem persisting. Please give an effective solution. Thanks in advance.

Have you checked for malware? Try running this application for getting rid of nasties:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Please also realise we are all volunteers at the forums and without actually having the system sat in front of you it can sometimes take a few posts to get to the bottom of the problem.

Since I have very little experience with international notations, is there any chance the (/) being used instead of a (.) is due to a language pack? I know some international representations use a , for the decimal. I have also seen where there are some areas they may use a slash mark.

If that isn't it, you might check your character map to see if the full stop character shows correctly.

Do you run any software that might modify your fonts?

Hey Saltgrass, I think i have not installed anything that changes the fonts, even then I checked once...everything is absolutely fine, except the memory indexing. Even if we consider (/) as a (.) the resultant is totally ambiguous(which means, the idea of (/) as (.) did not work for other folders).

Hey kemical, I have installed the malwarebytes software you have shown and found two malwares in my system. Even after removing those two malwares, I did not notice any difference. So, please show me any other solution...

Back