Windows 7 Problem with Windows 7 RC

Chris3356

Hello. I've been using Windows 7 RC for a little while now, and I've had absolutely no problems up until now. Previously I was able to switch the color of windows and the taskbar by going to "Personalization" and selecting the "Window Color" option. It worked perfectly, and I successfully changed the color of the taskbar and windows to black. However, earlier today, I encountered a problem where the window and taskbar color switched back to the default light blue. I went to "Personalization" once again and clicked on "Window Color", and instead of going to the correct window, I was confronted with a separate window titled "Window Color and Appearance" and it would not allow me to switch the colors anymore. I tried to switch to one of the themes that came with Windows 7 RC and they switched the Desktop Wallpaper but not the window color. Any help with this issue is appreciated.

~Chris3356

Screenshot of the aforementioned window:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Nevermind, I did a registry hack (not really a hack but can't think of a better term), turns out that Aero was disabled, which I had suspected but hadn't confirmed til now, I'm not sure how it was disabled but it's working fine now. Thanks anyways. A moderator can close this thread if he/she wants. For people who are having this same problem and do not know how to fix it:

Code:
1: Click on start and type "regedit" in the Search Bar.
2: Run regedit.
3: Click on "HKEY_CURRENT_USER".
4: Click on "Software".
5: Click on "Microsoft".
6: Click on "Windows".
7: Click on "DWM"
8: Right-click in the blank space in the right part of the window.
9: Select "New".
10: Select "DWORD (32-bit) Value".
11: Name it "UseMachineCheck".
12: Select "New".
13: Select "DWORD (32-bit) Value".
14: Name it "Blur".
15: Select "New".
16: Select "DWORD (32-bit) Value".
17: Name it "Animations".
18: Close regedit.
19: Click on Start menu and type "CMD" in the Search Bar.
20: Right-click on it and select "Run as Administrator".
21: Type "Net Stop uxsms".
22: Wait for it to finish, then type "Net Start uxsms".
23: Windows Aero should now be Activated/Re-Activated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom