Windows 7 Problems deleting documents in Microsoft Word 2010

DRE44

A Word document suddenly changes into a 'read only' file which cannot be saved or deleted. I have 'saved' under different file names as instructed, but as a result I now have 10 versions of the document, 9 of which I don't want! The 'Help' file says go to 'Properties' and untick the 'read only' box. The boxes aren't ticked, so I still cannot delete. How do I delete these files?

Have you got a full version of Office 2010 which you have installed or is it a trial/beta version?

I installed the full version - part of the Office 2010 I bought with the computer. I have never had this problem with other documents.

May be some restrictive properties imported with the document. Try remove on boot - free download from here:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

If you need to keep a copy of the document copy and paste the entire contents into a new word doc and save it before remving all its predecessors.

Thanks for the info. I have done the download, but there's no 'MoveOnBoat', even though the message said download complete. All I have is Zoom Downloader which wants me to buy the premium version. Sorry, no progress yet.

Think you might have clicked on the wrong link - try this one:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Correct programme downloaded now! Unfortunately no success. I dragged a file into the box as required. The response was 'access denied'. The file was still there on rebooting. However, I have found out elsewhere that there could be a Microsoft problem with Word 2010. It was suggested that I untick the 'preview pane' in the 'organise' menu. Success so far. The latest version of my document hasn't opened as 'read only' after several tests, and I have deleted the earlier 9 'read only' versions. Thanks for your help. Perhaps this info will be useful to you.

Already solved...too late for comment. For some reason all the posts did not show up when I first checked...

Back