Windows 7 Random BSOD errors - Please help

NimZ

Hi Guys

I've been having BSOD errors ever since my pc was switched on
please could someone take a look and tell me what I can do

Thanks

Edit: Ran Memtest86 and found allot of errors - do you think all the BSOD was caused because of this only?

I tried re-seating the ram modules etc - still no luck
:(

Attachments

• memory tab.jpg
    memory tab.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 325
  • spd 1.jpg
    spd 1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 300
  • spd 2.jpg
    spd 2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 310
  • Seven Forums.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 258
  • IMG-20120201-00090.jpg
    IMG-20120201-00090.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG-20120201-00092.jpg
    IMG-20120201-00092.jpg
    389.5 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG-20120201-00094.jpg
    IMG-20120201-00094.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 286
  • Mainboard.jpg
    Mainboard.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 312
  • Processor.jpg
    Processor.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I would say that given the results of your memtest that, that would be a good place to start.
You should test both sticks individually on at a time and then if you find either or both pass without error, then use one (good one) to test all slots individually to see if you have an issue with one of the module slots on the mainboard.
I noticed that you are using slots 2 and 4 currently. Is that in keeping with your motherboard manual as to proper slot population?
Regards
Randy

You should test both sticks individually on at a time and then if you find either or both pass without error, then use one (good one) to test all slots individually to see if you have an issue with one of the module slots on the mainboard.
I noticed that you are using slots 2 and 4 currently. Is that in keeping with your motherboard manual as to proper slot population?
Regards
Randy

Hi

Thanks for the reply
Yes, I have tested them individually and they still produce errors....will be taking them in to be swapped out
But my question is, are all of these BSOD caused by the RAM only or are there any other issues I should know about?

Thanks again

While difficult to say with absolute certainty, I feel pretty confident the at least the majority of the dmp files you have attached are indicating memory related errors. While some may be attributable to other issues like hard drive problems relating to Page Faults and PFN List Corruption these can also be related to bad memory so until such time as you can produce a memtest free from errors it would be difficult to guess if there is something else wrong or what it might be.
Make sure when you test the individual modules you do so in all slots just to make sure that your problem is not with the memory slots but with the modules themselves. Also it is best to do your test on a cold platform (machine left off for an hour or so prior to booting from the CD).

Back
Top Bottom