Windows 7 Random BSOD F4 error

snolan669

This problem started a few months ago. My year old HP laptop started crashing with F4 stop codes and the occasional 7A code. First I tried reformatting the HDD. It seemed to work, but then it started crashing again. I replaced the HDD with a new SSD and obviously had to install windows7x64 again. I manually installed the drivers. That seemed to work for a few weeks, but then it started up again. It does not seemed to be triggered by anything. I have opened the screen after the computer was asleep to see the BSOD. It fails to create a crash dump so I have nothing to show except the BSOD itself. I replaced the CMOS battery on a hunch, but it didn't work. Best Buy diagnostic showed nothing wrong hardware related, but like I said, this is a very random problem. I updated some random drivers and BIOS through standard windows and hp clients last night out of frustration. Hasn't crashed yet, but that's not saying much. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks all!

If your laptop is one year old, I would suggest to take it to service. It should have warranty. It could be something as simple as a cable issue, depending on how the computer may have been turned, or something - problems with contact. It may also be that the HDD is faulty. Or like many times with laptops, the battery fails.

Sorry, but I can't say much more. Wish you the best.

Back
Top Bottom