Windows 7 random freezing and boot problems with windows 7 after clean install

Hi

You might download Cupid Hardware Monitor.

CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Watch the temps and see if anything is getting hot at the time every thing goes to pot.

I wrote down all my temps when I first got my computer and once in a while I compare the running temperatures with the original readings.

Since it happens after a long time running temperatures could have something to do with it.

Mike

Since i can use the pc for 15-20 hour before the freezing occur this might be it
i took a screenshot of the cpu temp ,not sure if that was what u guys meant
will however check out the temp now and then to see if this could be the reason'
its strange that it freezes after about 18-20 hour each time Skjermbilde.PNGSkjermbildeø.PNG

Last edited:
The second Pic you've posted have you seen the SSD temperature, I'm hoping it's misreporting as it's at 128c would explain the freezing though.

hmm i just checked the temp on the ssd now its still says 128
after some googling it seems that its a common problem with ssd that it shows 128"
its a workaround or something , ive read on overclock that ssd isnt going hot and that i shouldnt worry about it
should i trust this?
as i understand the ssd most in cases dont even have a temp sensor
what about the other hardware is it showing up ok?
thannx

Last edited:
Hi

I have had a hard time finding anything that really states exactly how hot a SSD drive should get, but the general opinion is that they don't draw a lot of juice or generate a lot of heat.

The only 2, specs I could find were of the opinion that they should run between 0C and 60C or 5C and 55C.

I don't see any hard drive actually running at 0C, I mean it might be that temperature when it's turned on but I can't imagine it would stay there so this may relate more to environmental temperatures then the drive itself.

Maybe there is someone here who is running one who could report the temperatures that they normally see?

I can't imagine that they should get up to 128C though, that's 262.4 ºF and that's really hot!
It might be a good idea to open your computer and check it and see if it really seems to be that hot, it should feel like a toaster if it's really that high.

Mike

PS. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/253029-32-heat

Last edited:
yes my general conception after what i read also suggest that its quite normal to get 128 degrees on the ssd on monitorapps
since a lot of the ssd dont have any sensor , or way of telling the temp at all
i will however open the comp to check it out physicallly
on the other hand i have found quite a lot of people having problems with random freezing and bsod with the corsair disks SSD
it might be a good idea to try to do a clean install on the intel ssd i got to see if its the ssd thats the problem

Just out of interest as your using a ssd, have you disable the defrag service and superfetch as they degrade performance with ssd's. Also from what reading I've just done, ccleaner also degrades performance on ssd's

i did that on another ssd i have on another pc
but i read on corsair homepage that i didnt have to configure anything on the corsair 60gb force ssd
anywow i just changed ssd in my system just now
i put an intel 40gb ssd in instead (this has worked flawlwssly in the other system
so i will try this one to rule out that the problem is with the corsair ssd
i just did a clean install in the new ssd so ill crosss my fingers and hope i haver found the culprit
will disable defrag /prefetch etc with intels ssd toolbox

Back
Top Bottom