Windows 7 Realtek HD Audio Manager Back Panel Greyed Out

blitzyuk

Can anyone help me this is really annoying me?

I have a custom built PC with Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB 3 motherboard
windows 7 Pro X64

I am trying to use the onboard Realtek sound as i was having too many problems with my Creative X-FI Extreme Gamer.

I have finally managed to get windows to recognise that the speakers are connected for the Realtek HD after uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling. The problem i have now is that in Realtek HD Audio Manger all the connectors for the Analogue back panel are greyed out it just shows the front panel and digital. If i click play it will show that there is sound being played but i cannot hear anything.

This is really giving me a headache now all i want is some sound.

Can anyone help me?

Hi Blitzyuk,
did you enable the onboard sound in the bios? If this setting is missed then it could explain the loss of sound. As for greyed out connectors, if you check my sound manager, all my settings are greyed out too apart from the green speaker connector. Do you not have something similar?

The latest Realtek drivers can be found here: Realtek

All settings ok in BIOS and HD Audio selected.

Heres what mine shows.

Attachments

• realtekgreyout.jpg
    realtekgreyout.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 26,896
Well looking at that it would seem that you have something connected to both front panel ports. If this actually isn't so you may have the front panel cable incorrectly connected on your motherboard?

I disconnected the front panel audio connector altogether and it still didnt show the back ports. Until i can actually find a fix for this i have put my old Creative Audigy 2 ZS card back in and that works fine.
I may even buy an Asus soundcard prob go for the pci-e model and see how one of those compare. Cheers anyway

I'm not sure this will help or not but my back connectors are greyed out until I actually plugged something in.

Back
Top Bottom