redirect camera for a published app

shlomi

in windows server 2019, how to redirect camera for a published app?

i have published an app, but I need to be able to access the camera via that app.
in regular RDP, it works flawlessly, but when I connect via the published app, no camera is detected...

Is this through RDS? If yes, you need to make sure redirect is allowed for RemoteFX usb devices

It works for my friend.

In mstsc.exe, under Local Resources > More.. there is an option for Video capture devices. Which lists my webcam and Devices that I plug in later. I have determined that this option the an RDP file is the string camerastoredirect:s:* So what I have done is ran the following command on my Connection Broker so that this line will be added to rdp file generated by the feed.
Set-RDSessionCollectionConfiguration -CollectionName $CollectionName -CustomRdpProperty "camerastoredirect:s:*"
When I run Get-RDSessionCollectionConfiguration I see the value has been added to CustomRdpProperty along with "use redirection server name:i:1" which seems to be a default on all collections.

What I am trying to solve is, why does my custom RDP property not apply to the RDP files that are downloaded.

Is this through RDS? If yes, you need to make sure redirect is allowed for RemoteFX usb devices
hey, RemoteFX usb devices is allowed.
when i try to use mstsc.exe with usb + video cupture redirect, it works,
but when i download the link for my published app, i can't really edit the properties...

Back
Top Bottom