Windows 7 Reinstalling Reigstered Windows 7

dumspirospero

Hi I'm new, and I need some help.

I just finished upgrading my windows XP home 32 bit to windows 7 pro 32bit using the upgrade disk. And I registered the software using the product key that came with it.

I was browsing through the forums and saw that it was possible to upgrade from 32bit to 64bit using the upgrade disk if you do a clean install...

My question is: will I have any problems with the product key registration if I do a clean install (get rid of my 32bit OS on my current hard drive) and just run the 64bit off my HDD? I've looked, and I can't seem to find any threads that have my issue, maybe because people are smart enough to get 64bit installed on the first time...

By the way, the machine I'm running is a custom built machine:

Asus PQ5 MB
Core2Duo 3.2Ghz
4GB DDR3 ram

any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi I'm new, and I need some help.

I just finished upgrading my windows XP home 32 bit to windows 7 pro 32bit using the upgrade disk. And I registered the software using the product key that came with it.

I was browsing through the forums and saw that it was possible to upgrade from 32bit to 64bit using the upgrade disk if you do a clean install...

No.. 32 will not upgrade to 64. Requires a clean install.

My question is: will I have any problems with the product key registration if I do a clean install (get rid of my 32bit OS on my current hard drive) and just run the 64bit off my HDD?

No problem... a product key will install 32 or 64 bit of the same version.

Does your upgrade version have both DVDs? Some folks that bought upgrades, like through student offers only got one version. In that case, the key may not work.

Back
Top Bottom