Windows 7 Reinstalling Windows 7 on another computer.

lrcite

Greetings,

I installed Windows 7 on one of my computers. I have another computer running Vista. Can I uninstall Windows 7 on my first computer and then reinstall Windows 7 on my other computer?

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

lrcite

Reading this copy of the MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM it is legal to do so, as long as you remove Windows 7 from the first box, then you can install it on another box, and that becomes the licensed computer. I just hope you didn't attach the COA to the side of the box. I know it says to do that, but I always put it in a binder, on a clear plastic sheet protector, with the information on the computer it is installed on, so I can change it when needs be. Not sure if that is legal, but I have never had any problems with it.

Greetings,

I installed Windows 7 on one of my computers. I have another computer running Vista. Can I uninstall Windows 7 on my first computer and then reinstall Windows 7 on my other computer?

Thanks in advance for your help and support.

lrcite

It depends on the version of Windows you used. OEM is tied to one system and not transferable. Full Retail is transferable.
Joe

Back