Windows 7 Remove Windows Network

drivingmenuts

New to Windows 7 but not computers.
Situation: New Windows 7 OS, i5 3.0 Ghz chip, 4 Gb 1333 Ram, 1 Tb drive (plus others)This is a desk top model.
Fast system, but it insists that I have a network. I don't want a network and have no need of one.
My HP laptop is one year old and is a Vista model.
My IBM uses an XP system. The two laptops connect wirelessly to my wireless router with no problem. My desktop is hardwired to the wireless router modem.
Before getting my new desktop, my HP lapatop would connect wirelessly to my new Samsung ML-2525W laser printer.. Now it won't.
My DT computer shows two networks on it and I have no idea how they got there.
MY PROBLEM: I neither want nor need a network, so how do I disable the stuff MS had saddled me with?

Thanks

drivingmenuts

New to Windows 7 but not computers.
Situation: New Windows 7 OS, i5 3.0 Ghz chip, 4 Gb 1333 Ram, 1 Tb drive (plus others)This is a desk top model.
Fast system, but it insists that I have a network. I don't want a network and have no need of one.
My HP laptop is one year old and is a Vista model.
My IBM uses an XP system. The two laptops connect wirelessly to my wireless router with no problem. My desktop is hardwired to the wireless router modem.
Before getting my new desktop, my HP lapatop would connect wirelessly to my new Samsung ML-2525W laser printer.. Now it won't.
My DT computer shows two networks on it and I have no idea how they got there.
MY PROBLEM: I neither want nor need a network, so how do I disable the stuff MS had saddled me with?

Thanks

drivingmenuts

Open device manager, expand network adapters, select the individual adapter and right click on each and choose disable. That should pretty much result in no networks

Back
Top Bottom