Windows 7 Repair or delete iassdo.dll.mui

TrojanHorse27

Hi,

When i run sfc/scannow now in my computer i get an error as the some files cannot be repaired please help to delete or repair the file. (attached reports and snap shot)

Regards
Trojan

Attachments

• CBS.zip
    528.8 KB · Views: 607
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,127
If you check the link, it will go through how to repair a system using information obtained with the SFC. But on the site it refers to this command:

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

You can open an administrative command prompt, copy this command and paste it into the command window using the right click option, and it will create the SFCdetails.txt on your desktop.

The link shows how to look for the problem files so you can try to replace them. I do have the file you mention on my system.

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

I will look at your CBS.log to see what files may be involved.

Hi Trojan, I'm having the same problem as you. My CBS.log has the same issues. I've always been one to diagnose and fix PC problems myself and consider myself pretty knowledgeable, but my current issue has me stumped.

I am a regular CS5 user and I was looking for textures using Google images. I clicked on an image that redirected me to a page that said that my PC is infected/click here to disinfect. Rather than hit the "okay" (I know better!!) or the "close" pop up window button (I also know better than that!), I killed the entire Firefox process. AVG popped up and said that it blocked a threat. I thought all was good. I finished what I was doing without issue, then left for work.

Then my wife called me a couple of hours later and asked me why the PC shut down. That was the start of the problems. Throughout the day, it would randomly freeze or completely shut down without notice. Looking through the Event Viewer, I didn't find anything out of the ordinary, except the critical warnings/errors saying Windows shut down unexpectedly. There was no error before that, which might help me ascertain why it shutdown.

I ran AVG, Spybot, Malwarebytes and found no traces of any viruses. I also ran all three in safe mode to be sure. I decided to check my memory and ran memtest on all four sticks of RAM and found no errors. I ran check disk on all of my drives and partitions and found no problem. I cleaned out my PC with canned air (it was sort of dirty). I also ran Speedfan and found that all of my fans were functioning normally and all CPU/GPU/memory temps were within acceptable range. I also updated my graphics card and network card drivers thinking this may be an issue.

Then, overnight my wife said she saw a blue light coming from my office and went to investigate. She found a BSOD. The first said Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal, then gave a stop 0x000000D1 and referred to storport.sys. Then it auto rebooted, she logged back in and got another BSOD almost immediately. The message this time was: A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. The stop was different: 0x000000F4. She took pictures of the BSOD's with her phone, but I have not seen another BSOD since then (about two days ago).

The thing is, I rebuilt this PC in November of last year and it has been running SOLID until now. I have a 80GB SSD as my main boot and applications drive, which is partitioned into three partitions. Then I have one additional internal hard drive and two externals. I tried unplugging all but the system/application drive and the problem persists.

I decided to run the system file check and found the same issues with iassdo.dll.mui. Unfortunately, SFC can't fix it. I can't find any similar file on my system at all, but it must be there for SFC to report that it doesn't match.

I can boot normally. But 10-30 minutes after booting, I get random freezes and or system shutdowns. I think it has something to do with a virus, but am confused because I found nothing using all of the antivirus programs I found, even with all of the deep scanning and heuristics options turned on. So, I'm left to believe that this iassdo.dll.mui file is corrupted and giving me the problem.

With regards to iassdo.dll.mui, I found the following info online: iassdo.dll.mui error is categorized as one of the most critical system error because it is associated with iassdo.dll.mui module. iassdo.dll.mui module serves as a crucial system file used for maintaining system performance and keeping the related system components running properly. Also: corruption leads to Blue Screen of Death errors, program crashes and system freezes. Can be caused by hardware driver update failure, driver corruption, virus intrusion …

So it seems that this file is critical and that it is likely causing my problems. I was hoping to avoid repairing my install using my Windows 7 disk. I can't run the repair unless I first uninstall some programs and possibly repartition my SSD because I have that SSD set to exactly how I want it with partitions and there is little room left to extract the files needed to repair windows. I have made no significant software/hardware/configuration changes prior to this occuring.

Sorry for typing so much. I'm really stumped and hope someone here can help shed some light on this issue.

Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel Quad Core @ 2.4ghz.
4 DIMMS of 2 GB RAM (all matching)
80GB Solid State Drive
2TB internal drive
250 GB Western Digital Hard drive
2TB Seagate External Drive
500 GB Signature Mini External Drive
NVIDIA GTX 8800 (drivers current)
Creative Audigy 2 (drivers current)
Broadcom Netxtreme 57xx Gigabye controller (drivers current)

Attachments

• cbslog.docx
    366.6 KB · Views: 1,257
This is what the CBS.log says about that one file. It appears to be the only problem.

Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-n..ce_iassdo.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_en-us_e86c80b89a3f77b7\iassdo.dll.mui do not match actual file [l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui" :
Found: {l:32 b:tfmxBgEeHYSqU0nOhrdrRtqL98a1xYC32if7l90WiOg=} Expected: {l:32 b:hLMYgoYEaSd6WHNAcMpQlj3ndwYSJanHCJ0EaEjgsTg=}

Cannot repair member file [l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-Networking-Internet_Authentication_Service_Iassdo.Resources, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\x86_microsoft-windows-n..ce_iassdo.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_en-us_e86c80b89a3f77b7\iassdo.dll.mui do not match actual file [l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui" :
Found: {l:32 b:tfmxBgEeHYSqU0nOhrdrRtqL98a1xYC32if7l90WiOg=} Expected: {l:32 b:hLMYgoYEaSd6WHNAcMpQlj3ndwYSJanHCJ0EaEjgsTg=}

Cannot repair member file [l:28{14}]"iassdo.dll.mui" of Microsoft-Windows-Networking-Internet_Authentication_Service_Iassdo.Resources, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture = [l:10{5}]"en-US", VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

This component was referenced by [l:266{133}]"Microsoft-Windows-WindowsFoundation-LanguagePack-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~en-US~6.1.7601.17514.Windows Foundation Language Pack"

The information you need is on the link. You just need a backup copy from another computer, or some other source.

You might also try running a Chkdsk on the drive. It may correct some corruption and repair that file.

I can't give you step by step instructions, because I have never had a failed SFC process. If you start and have problems with something, I can probably help some.

The file is probably located in one of two locations:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\en-US
C:\Windows\System32\en-US

Edit: I will add, many folks end up doing a Repair install on their systems, but again, I have not gone through the process so I do not know what to look for.

Well, I need to ask how are you reinstalling?

I will also tell you about an experience I had with a Dell install. It seems Dell had altered a file and included it in the .wim used to recover the system. Luckily it was a .inf file which I could could edit and repair. But SFC found it and gave error messages.

Your file seems to be a little more important than an .inf file, but it might be, depending on how you are reinstalling, part of a modified install.

Sorry, I meant what media are you using for the reinstall. Are you recovering your system from an OEM utility, using a downloaded and burned DVD, or something else?

I am using a OS DVD for installation, and doing a fresh installation formatting c drive later on deleting windows.old files

Last edited:
It's really strange that you would get the same thing after re-installing.
Does the same thing happen when you run SFC /scannow in safe mode?

Hi

At this point all I can tell you is that this seems to be a fairly common error.

I see lots of posts about this problem, even someone who did a full install and still had the error afterwards, before updating or installing any software.

What I haven't found is a solution in any of the posts.

If I find something I'll post it here.

Now it's off to bed.

Mike

Since your system shows the file is referenced by a language pack, do you have one on your system?

I have seen other posts, as Mike has and compared the Hashes to yours and they seem to be the same. So it looks like the ones I saw are having exactly the same situation as you, unless you were the original poster in those other threads. :)

Just for fun, I was using an MD5 checker to check my 4 files and three of the 4 had the same MD5 Hash. I suppose the SFC does not look for a MD5 hash since SFC found no errors. So it must look for another type of Hash...

Back