Windows 7 Restore Overlapped Partitions

AhmedZeedy45

Overlapped by different size
I can only recover data and find them with DiskGetor, but can't return the partitions, one of them had Windows installed.

Last edited:
What do you mean by "overlapped"? Partitions cannot overlap. I see 4 partitions. Where one ends, the other begins. Storage locations cannot be in two partitions at the same time.

What caused your issue?

If you can recover your data, do it now and save it to some place safe. You might be able to use EaseUS Partition Master to recover a lost or deleted partition, but don't count on recovering all the data - it may be lost forever. And frankly, if unable to recover your partitions with Diskgeter, I have my doubts anything else will work. It is not that Diskgeter is so great, it is that data and the file/partition tables use standard protocols so all these programs work pretty much the same way.

Typically when deleting partitions, you lose the data within - especially when you start using that drive again. And unless you use a special partition creation tool like Partition Master Free (free for home, non-commercial use) you lose your data when you create new partitions.

You say they were created in the same places, chances are it only looks like that. When talking several gigabytes of storage spaces, a few megabytes here or there will not show up in Disk Management.

In any case, you say they were recreated, so what is it you are trying to do?

If the partitions were simply deleted the data should be intact and recoverable with a tool like testdisk. You will need to recover to a different disk otherwise you will override the data you're trying to recover.

If the partitions were simply deleted the data should be intact and recoverable with a tool like testdisk. You will need to recover to a different disk otherwise you will override the data you're trying to recover.
I think at this point we need more information. He stated in his opening post, he can recover the data, but "can't return the partitions". Then in his second post said, "other partitions are created in the same places". That would suggest more than simply deleting the partitions has happened.

Yeah I've seen Windows behave oddly with partitions created with certain third party partition tools. I'd recover the data and format the disk with Windows diskpart and it should be good. Unless there's a problem with the disk itself.

Back