Windows 7 Return windows 7 boot logo from vista's one

victorjr

best all
This is my first thread, so hope that this is the right place.

But I have an question. I don't know why, but I when I boot my dutch windows 7, 32 bit, I get that ugly bar only windows vista boot logo.
I found this about it :Link Removed - Not Found
But maybe I did soemthing wrong, but it didn't worked, can soemoene help me??

cheers victor

Last edited:
Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums !!! :D
It's worth noting the minimum required screen resolution for the bootscreen is 1024*768, meaning it won't work on most netbooks.
Do you have a netbook (or other device with a screen smaller than 1024*768)? If so then there's nothing you can do, I've tried myself on my old netbook.
Post back :)

Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums !!! :D
It's worth noting the minimum required screen resolution for the bootscreen is 1024*768, meaning it won't work on most netbooks.
Do you have a netbook (or other device with a screen smaller than 1024*768)? If so then there's nothing you can do, I've tried myself on my old netbook.
Post back :)
I have a 1600 1050 screen, so that's not the problem
:cool:

Side note:
"bcdedit /set {current} locale en-US"
You have to change en-US to whatever it would be for your dutch version of Windows 7.

Could you check your Boot folder in C: \ and see if it has a fonts folder. To see the folder you need to set the folder view options for seeing protected operating system files.

It seems the Windows Vista screen will come up if you are doing a repair type boot, or if the fonts folder is missing. There are probably others, but these are the only ones I know about.

With the link you gave, what exactly did you try and what were the results?

I think the bcdboot C:\Windows /s C: (assuming C: is you Win 7 install) is a good command for fixing several problems. It must be run from an elevated command prompt, if you have not tried it. This will replace your boot files, so if you have a dual boot situation there will be another step required to restore that.

Could you check your Boot folder in C: \ and see if it has a fonts folder. To see the folder you need to set the folder view options for seeing protected operating system files.

It seems the Windows Vista screen will come up if you are doing a repair type boot, or if the fonts folder is missing. There are probably others, but these are the only ones I know about.

With the link you gave, what exactly did you try and what were the results?

I think the bcdboot C:\Windows /s C: (assuming C: is you Win 7 install) is a good command for fixing several problems. It must be run from an elevated command prompt, if you have not tried it. This will replace your boot files, so if you have a dual boot situation there will be another step required to restore that.

Oowkee, So I need to replace that c://system32 with bcdboot C:\Windows /s C??
And I don't have a dual boot, but My old windows 7 version isn't deleted, it still shows it in the windows boot screen (cause There was a problem with one windows 7, so I needed to do a clean instal, and it created a windows old folder.

But what do you need to know more?/

greetings
victor
ps: when I'm at home I will check the boot folder, but where is it in the windows map, system 32???

Oowkee, So I need to replace that c://system32 with bcdboot C:\Windows /s C??
And I don't have a dual boot, but My old windows 7 version isn't deleted, it still shows it in the windows boot screen (cause There was a problem with one windows 7, so I needed to do a clean instal, and it created a windows old folder.
The boot files are in C: \

If you had a problem with one Win 7 install, did you have more than one, or are you talking about an earlier install?

The prior install, if you did a clean install after, should not have a second Win 7 listing.

Bottom line, if you only have one Win 7 install and you do not need a boot menu, then try the command. To open and administrative command prompt, type CMD in the start menu search box and hit CTRL+SHIFT Enter. Entering the command will replace your current BCD store with a new one.

If that doesn't work for some reason, try booting to the install DVD and going to Repair and command prompt. Type the following command to see what it will do.

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

Hit enter and wait for a response.

You might look at this Microsoft site for general info.

The boot files are in C: \

If you had a problem with one Win 7 install, did you have more than one, or are you talking about an earlier install?

The prior install, if you did a clean install after, should not have a second Win 7 listing.

Bottom line, if you only have one Win 7 install and you do not need a boot menu, then try the command. To open and administrative command prompt, type CMD in the start menu search box and hit CTRL+SHIFT Enter. Entering the command will replace your current BCD store with a new one.

If that doesn't work for some reason, try booting to the install DVD and going to Repair and command prompt. Type the following command to see what it will do.

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

Hit enter and wait for a response.

You might look at this Microsoft site for general info.
I had a instal official windows 7, but it stoped working(already had the boot logo issue), and because it was a upgrade, I had to do a clean instal.
After that still got the problem, but my old windows 7 image still shows up in th bootloader (even after enter that promt) and still got that problem.
But because I have an upgrade, i can't select repair in the dvd menu, so also no command prompt.

Hope this is helping solving my problem (bad sentence, I know)

Sounds to me like your system is having more problems than what you mention. Why did the original install quit working?

You can go to the repair options with an Upgrade DVD, if you boot to it.

Maybe we should back up and look at your system. Since it seems to be having major problems, what type of hardware are you using and how old is it?

Sounds to me like your system is having more problems than what you mention. Why did the original install quit working?

You can go to the repair options with an Upgrade DVD, if you boot to it.

Maybe we should back up and look at your system. Since it seems to be having major problems, what type of hardware are you using and how old is it?
I have no problems now at all, I think it was a virus.
Bu tI attached my dxdiag.
And boot to dvd, what doyou mean exactely, casue I know how to get to that upgrade/advanced (clean) instal screen

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    62.1 KB · Views: 408
You boot the DVD. In the Second window, on the bottom left, there is a "Repair" option. Click that and you will be in the recovery area. From there, you can run the startup repair or get to the command window.

How about opening an administrative command window and typing bcdedit..Then hit enter and use the snipping tool to take a picture and attach here.

You boot the DVD. In the Second window, on the bottom left, there is a "Repair" option. Click that and you will be in the recovery area. From there, you can run the startup repair or get to the command window.

How about opening an administrative command window and typing bcdedit..Then hit enter and use the snipping tool to take a picture and attach here.
So, you want me to boot from cd and repair, but what exactely??
or is that impossible to select??

here my screenshot, I'm going to my mobile now, so can't upload more

Attachments

• BCedit.jpg
    BCedit.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 401
You can see from the attachment why I recommend using the bcdboot command. You need to modify your current BCD store, or redo it.

I have no experience with the international setup, so whether is should be en-us in the boot manager entry, I do not know, but the other one is messed up.

Are you using a Dutch version of Win 7?

Back