Windows 7 Right Side of Window is cut off.

kylea

When I open up certain windows I find that the right side has been cut off which wouldn't normally be much of a problem. However this cut off has blocked out some essential buttons such as OK, CANCEL, etc.. Changing the resolution and resizing the window via click and drag both did not solve the problem. When click and drag resizing is done, it simply expands the area which is already displayed in the window. Is there any way to fix this problem? I am currently running Win 7 Pro.

Hi Kylea,
could you post a screenshot so we know exactly what you mean? Also does this happen only when your browsing whilst using IE 8? If so then it could be that the page is not compatible with the browser..

nvm. I figured it out. Someone had monkeyed with the magnification setting before I got ahold of the pc. Being a work pc sometimes people mess with stuff like that.

Thanks for the reply though. ^_^

I wish this would have solved my issue.... Dead thread I know, but this is the exact problem I am having. certain programs will not allow me to resize the window, and cut off about an inch (I assume) from the edge. I uninstalled a program that was doing this, thinking it was that programs fault, only to discover another. Here are screenshots. I can change the overall size, but it seems to think the right hand side is different from where it is...

Attachments

• fullscreen.JPG
    fullscreen.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 301
  • half screen.JPG
    half screen.JPG
    269.8 KB · Views: 304
  • squished.JPG
    squished.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 334
There is something called necro post, meaning that you post in a thread that's been off line for a long time. I haven't noticed that to be an issue in this Forum, if you have a valid question. In here, patience seems to be long.

Can't say I have a direct answer, but it seems you have Minecraft and Teamspeak control. Like you notice, "Certain programs..."

It's probably in those programs. They may simply be programmed that way, and that's not a true problem. The true problem is, if it affects your normal Windows. Does it? Installing a program you may accept various effects, and this could be one.

Hope you get forward.

I think it's just a launcher issue. Some people have that login window at the bottom. Is there a way to change it manually?

Thanks for the replies. No, It doesn't allow manipulation. I direct copied the program onto a flash drive form one computer where it worked fine to this one in order to try to combat it, but no luck.

It does not affect the majority of my Windows experience, though it makes certain things pure guesswork if not impossible.

Thanks again

Thanks for the replies. No, It doesn't allow manipulation. I direct copied the program onto a flash drive form one computer where it worked fine to this one in order to try to combat it, but no luck.

It does not affect the majority of my Windows experience, though it makes certain things pure guesswork if not impossible.

Thanks again

You may need to adjust your screen resolution when launching that window. Just a wild guess.

I agree with badrobot about the launcher issue. I've had these too, and it's about the settings. If you have Minecraft Launcher to start up with Windows, you'll probably get it automatically - you should disable that, untick "Start with Windows", or something.

If it's a real nuisance, I would uninstall the Minecraft Launcher and probably everything that came at the same time, either through Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features, or say, Revo Uninstaller, http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html, then run CCleaner https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner or Advanced System Care http://www.iobit.com/ with settings for registry clean / fix.

Reboot, check it, and DO be careful with what you install again.

Back