Windows 7 Router Issue / Windows 7

codec

netgear WNR2000 V1 :
i get limited access the yellow triangle when hooking up my router. i can access the router page, but nothing else. when i hook up straight cable , it works...

things ive tryed :
uncheck ipv6
disable homegroup / stopped services.
upgraded firmware

it worked fine last night for 4+ hours but then this morning it had the yellow triangle again , i am running dell inspiron 531 with a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate. anything i can try , or is there something im missing?

First, try to reset your router. Unplug it for a few seconds. Then start your computer. We know theat there is a problem between Win 7 and some routers... and rebooting the router restores the connection. Perhaps it also shows the warning and no one has noted this until you found it. Just a guess.... you may have to reinstall your drivers. I have installed new drivers and without any warning my system ran with them a while then decided to go back to the old ones. When it uses the old ones I get an error logged to the administrative logs under Event Viewer \custom

hmmm

The IP address lease 192.168.1.2 for the Network Card with network address 0xxxxxxxxxx64 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

this is what i get, kinda odd , how do i fix that ,

The IP address lease 192.168.1.2 for the Network Card with network address 0xxxxxxxxxx64 has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

this is what i get, kinda odd , how do i fix that ,

There is recent thread here about this... use the search... sometimes the DHCP address has to be corrected

in my event viewer , i get this ... Name resolution for the name teredo.ipv6.microsoft.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded., thats when i use the router, but when i directly plug up . .. it works with no problems

Back