Windows 7 samsung mobile mtp device failed to load driver

Matoy

Hi,
I have recently bought Samsung galaxy S5 device. When I tried to connect it to my computer I nothing happend (what should have happen is that it will pop up the "What do you want to do? Go to folder/..." menu).
So I tried another usb socket. still the same problem. I have Ubunto install as a sperate OS on my computer, and there everything is working fine - so the problem is not in the cable/USB on my computer.

I went to Device manager and under "Portable devices" I see the "SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device" icon with a yellow mark. I open it and I see "this device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (code 31)". I also have "SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem" under modem in device manager (but it says that this device is working properly).
I tried to remove the "SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device" and double click it and choose "update driver"->"search online". It found the driver but was unable to install it (got a "access deined" screen).

**This is not a problem of registry "UpperFilter"/"LowerFilter" problem. I saw it online while I was google a soultion and this is not my case***

I also tried to install the driver by installing "samsung KIES". It didn't help.

When I connect the decive and go to Windows Update -> a new update for samsung mobile is showing but when I choose it and click update it fails everytime.

I run antivirus and this is not a case.

I am pretty lost. I know that if I will format my computer and install Windos 7 it will solve the problem but I don't want to do this drastic step.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks!!!

Have you looked at Samsung's website for a windows driver based on the carry you use for that phone?

Can we assume that you have followed the steps in this article?
http://www.theandroidsoul.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-drivers-installation-guide/

I tried to remove the "SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device" and double click it and choose "update driver"->"search online". It found the driver but was unable to install it (got a "access deined" screen).

When I connect the decive and go to Windows Update -> a new update for samsung mobile is showing but when I choose it and click update it fails everytime.
The fact that you are getting "access denied" and a failure with Windows Updates, might indicate other problems.
Depending on the Security Suite you are using you may have to disable real time protection temporarily (if possible) or in the case of some very zealous security application, uninstall them until your device is working properly and then reinstall it.

Back