Windows 7 Screen mess up...

Lyhne

Hey there.

Ive tried to search the net for a similar problem, but havent been able to find it anywhere.

Anyways... Everytime I start Media Center or try to open a fullscreen program - and other times without reasons explainable, my screen messes up and I cant continue whatever I am doing in windows. I had the same problems during the Beta test, allthough not when using Media Center.

I can see some reactions on screen, but the only way to overcome the problem, is to restart. When I press my power button, I can hear windows shut down proberly. Whenever the PC shuts down the harddiscs the screen freezes though - so I have turned that option off.

Once - I tried to play Zuma fullscreen. I saw the glitch just before the game started. Then the game started normally, but when I quit, and went back to windows - the glitch was still there.

I just took a picture with my mobile phone, and when I tried to watch it with the built in picture program, the screen once again f***ed up. I don't know if it will help, but I attached the picture here.

I recently installed the RC and updated everything via the Windows update. The glitch was there from the very beginning. I updated the BIOS on my MB (Asus P5B-E) and installed the most recent Nvidia driver for my Galaxy 7900 GS from the Nvidia homepage.

I am lost, and can't seem to find a solution, so I hope anyone of you can help :)

Thx
/Lyhne

PC Specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz
Asus P5B-E Motherboard
2 GB Ram
Galaxy 7900GS Graphics card
LG 1710B monitor

... hmm nope - didnt think of or tried that. I keep forgetting that my monitor is getting old :)...

Its not that easy to test though... havent got a spare lying around! ;)

I had a problem like that a long time ago where a game changed the screen resolution to something the monitor couldn't handle. The screen looked exactly the same.

... although I find it a bit strange that it also did it, after installing java, and trying to run a webinterface in java - I can't see what that has to do with my screen resolution.

But its still worth trying out :)

Back