Windows 7 Scvhost lagging up cpu causing games to freeze

Spart

Hello i have been through what feels like a million options to fix this but none have fixed my problem yet. When in a game specifically world of warcraft sometimes my screen will freeze for 1 to 2 seconds then come back all of a sudden. i have ruled out a graphics card issue and have narrowed it down to this. As many of you may already know the "scvhost.exe" issue lags up my entire computer and i believe is the culprit of the cpu bottleknecking. I have disabled windows update and windows defender two things that have been labeled with this issue and still the problem persists. Scv host is running 11 applications of itself currently and one of them is around 135k at all times. i have a amd 2.4 dual core and 6 gigs of ram my system usually flies. I am running out of ideas and frankly running out of patience. I desperately need some help here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

p.s. and yes i have run various malware and spyware removal programs as well as completely re installing from my backup disks and still the issue remains.

Service Hosts, and there are usually several run all types of utilities. In order to track it down, assuming you did not find something you could keep from starting, you will need to look at some utilities that will help see what is actually running.

All kinds of things can cause freezes. Network access, indexing, anti-virus, and various other things.

If you open Task Manager, do you see anything that shows high cpu usage during the freezes?

There is software that will give you a better view of what is running. If the Resource Monitor and Task Manager are not sufficient, you may have to go that direction.

There are always many service hosts running, I believe I have 10 right now. What I will do is set the CPU column in resource Monitor or Task Manager to show the highest usage at the top, then watch for a while. If something is showing at the top when the problem happens, I will check that one.

I will also watch the graphical presentation of Networking, CPU and Disk to see if something there pops up along with the problems.

If you see a Svchost.exe showing activity, you can check it in Resource Monitor and get an individual listing of its activities. If you can pin down one service host there is software to look inside to see if we can find a thread showing activity during the problem.

Overall, the best thing you can do is to watch it for a while and start keeping track of the time and anything else going on that might trigger or be related to the freezes. These things are hard to catch.

My cpu usage is low but as soon as i open a program or any game online it starts freezing and causing issues that make them un playable. nothing in particular pops out during the program running but my cpu usage spikes to 80% plus when i start any thing. im at a loss here i have tried adjusting drivers and full computer resets to no avail. what happens is the screen in game freezes for a second or two then comes back like its lagging and freezing.

If it is directly related to a game, it could be video or audio causing the problems.

If you are using some online version, like Steam, you might check to see if there are any updates for it. I realize that it normally updates itself, but there may be some type of problem. Maybe even a Network driver or a Network connection trying to establish.

Back