Windows 7 Security Permissions for Second Hard Drive

Signusm

Ok, I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong, or there is an actual issue here, but any help is appreciated.

I've been using a 250gig HD with Windows XP for several years now. This Christmas I got a new HD and installed Windows 7 on it. I then plugged in the old HD (both SATA) and Windows 7 recognizes it and all it's data. I can even boot from that HD if I choose, and move files from the old HD to the new one (when booted on the old one).

However, while running Windows 7, I cannot access any files from my old HD. I'll usually need to give myself permission to view every sub folder. Once I have given myself permission about 5 times, and I finally get to the audio file I want, I can't play it, nor can I just transfer it to my main HD.

Is there some global permission I can tick on to give me full access to this HD?

there was "take permission" thing i had to use for a similar problem (i am not sure if it was exactly the same thing but i think it was lol) . Well in that method... you add a code to the registry which then adds a "take permission" option in the right click context menu...you just click it and it resets and gives you all the permission of that folder and the sub folders within permanently. I had used it to delete some files on my XP drive using windows 7 which i didnt have permission to see, forget about deleting them.

Here's the registry file that does the trick. I've uploaded it for you on 4shared.com Click the link below to download it.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

its a reg file. Just run it and you'll have a "Take Ownership" in the menu when you'll right click a file or folder. Don't worry the file is safe. You can see the contents of the file yourself if you are worried.

I am pretty confident that this is what you are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom