Windows 7 Serious install help.....

legitlogic87

Hello all im new to the forums and am praying to god someone can help me with my problem. I purchased a new Desktop from NEWEGG but it still had Vista on it. This computer is fully capable of using Windows 7 64bit. So i go out and purchase Windows 7 home edition and tried to install it but it will not install. As i was trying to get this to work i called Microsoft and the idiot on the phone had me flash my BIOS in the end and totally corrupted my comp. I then took it took Best Buy where they were able to re-flash my BIOS again i guess back to normal and told me to go home and try the install again that it was soooo simple.

My main problem is the NEW desktop did not come with any back-up disks or anything. So now im hoping someone else has had this issue and can help me. If any more info is needed ill post it ASAP.

COMP SPECS:
AMD Phenom X4 Quad core (2.4 ghz)
8GB ram
1 TB
Radeon 4650 1GB

I must assume you got the x64 edition of Win 7? How did you try to install it?

Most folks suggest a Custom install, which means probably booting from the DVD.

Depending on which version of Vista you have, you may or may not be able to do an in-place upgrade, which as I mentioned is not a good idea unless totally necessary.

Ive only tried booting from the disk which is my only option now. There has to be a way for me to be able to Re-Restore my comp back to the very beginning. Im very computer literate so this normally would not be a problem for me i have no idea whats going wrong and i really dont want to bring it to best buy or pay someone to fix it when all i need is a little help to do it.

Well, now I am confused. What is your current situation? Where do you want to be? Your new computer did not come with restore utilities?

Can you not install Win 7? Please be more specific.

Ok sorry about that im just a little upset about all this. So my comp loads and get stuck on loading now thats the main thing. When i booted the Win7 it started installing and such and then at some point the screen goes black and i can only get in safe mode if im lucky.

I want win7 installed but would not mind if i could get the comp restored back to its original starting point. Also the NEW desktop did not come with any restore disks......

I don't know for sure how Newegg set the computer up, but they must have given you a restore disk, or have a restore partition on the hard drive to restore Vista. If there is a restore partition/utility, it could be causing problems. Have you called Newegg and asked them?

If you can't install, there is probably some Vista driver causing problems. Did you do a custom install the first time, or try to install over Vista?

I tried to install over Vista. Now every time my comp boots up it just shows me the windows loading screen then says "setup preparing for user's first use" or something along those lines and reboots. There has got to be a way to fix this. If there is any way to get myself back to my original point of just having Vista i might be ok.

Try-burning the ISO at it's slowest speed and use a good quality Name-brand DVD,

Then perform a:clean" unstalll.

Some folks have done things as simple as hitting F8 during boot and boot into safe mode once. The boot after that was then normal.

If that doesn't work and you can get to safe mode, use msconfig.exe to set basic video for the boot and try again. You may also may want to try changing or installing some drivers here.

If none of this works, go into the bios and turn off everything you can, like network adapters or bluetooth, etc. Then unplug anything you do not need during the boot. Maybe you will find something Win 7 is having problems with.

I really need some help guys.....now i cannot even get into Safe Mode it starts to load then it says "Setup preparing for first use" again and then reboots. What do i do now? There has to be someway to get this back to normal because somehow when i brought my comp the Best Buy when it first did this the guy opened the case and did something to the MOBO to get it back to normal....

Right now i am currently DLing the ISO. But i do have the real disc.....

I can't think of any special switches inside the computer you would need to change to get it to work. If that is the case, then it must be some type of connection problem or a loose wire and unseated board of some type. Have you opened the case and looked inside?

Look for loose connections, or wires that might be blocking a fan or some other type of problem. If you did have such a problem, I don't know why it would get as far as it does before it messes up.

I guess he could be resetting the bios, but that would be a little strange.

Im pretty sure i heard him say he was resetting the BIOS. No loose wires nada. Man i really dont know what to do......

OK was your computer assembled by Newegg from components you purchased there or was it a pre-made system? Either way what is the tech support for the system? Through Newegg? A 3rd party? A poster asked if you have contacted Newegg (or who provides the support for the system)? Have you?

Most systems/laptops today don't come with any backup or restore disks. There usually is a backup or recovery section on the hard drive that you can use to restore the system and/or create restore disks. Again what came with your system for instructions/manuals/ etc?

If you can provide some info on the system (brand, model, Newegg item number) we may be able to get some info for you.

Sam

Restore disks are never sent with new computers anymore, The include instructions on how to make a restore disk.

The easiest thing for you to do is to press F2 or some key, to enter your bios menu and set your boot priority to first use your dvd. Put in your win 7 disk. Reboot and allow it to start the win 7 installation

go to custom install, and make sure you have only one partition on the drive, if not, delet the partition until you have only one, then do the custom install. When your system reaches the point it reboots you'll have to reset the bios menu boot priority to use your hard drive first. The setup will finish, when you are prompted for the key code put it in or press enter to try out windows 7 for 30 days while you get a key code.

You installed over...............that was not a good idea. Your problems Neill carry over.

And the other posters are correct that;s the backup for the Vista installation.

Ok i bought the comp from Newegg but Gateway made it. So i called gateway and they just said they would send me some restore disks within 3-5 days.

But is there anything else to try? Ive download restore .iso's but they are not booting. Any other suggestions so that i can possibly get on this comp sooner???

Im pretty sure i heard him say he was resetting the BIOS. No loose wires nada. Man i really dont know what to do......

If he was resetting the Bios, there should be some information in your owner's manual about how to do that. It usually takes something to short some pins together to remove power from the bios so it resets. You may be able to do almost the same thing by going into the bios and setting it to restore defaults.

IF, this is part of your problem, the questions is why is your bios being messed up?

Windows 7 hangs after install/upgrade

I had Vista 64 bit home premium and decided to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional, didn't realize it wasn't just a simple upgrade until I started the install and had to do custom. Everythng seemed to work fine with the install, patched loaded, all look pretty cool. The issue I'm having is when I boot up and login, my laptop seems to hang after the desktop appears. I can see the HD activity going on, when i click on Start nothing happens, nothing on the task bar responds. Now if I do a Cntl, Alt, Del and just hit cancel my laptop comes back to life and works properly.

Any ideas or suggestions to not have to kick start things with the three finger solute and cancel out of it.

Back
Top Bottom