Seven Forums

I'm new here, but I do find it amusing that despite the criticism of SevenForums, they have 7 times the member base, 9 times the number of posts, and 4.5 times the number of threads.

Interestingly, SevenForums appears to have no option to donate (could be wrong though). I can't imagine they'd subsidize that out of their pockets, so I'm going to make a bold assumption that SevenForums is fully supported by ad money, meaning they get plenty of page hits.

I have an account at SevenForums, and I see zero ads. Yet, as a registered member here, I'm still being plagued by ads next to every post.

Obviously, they're doing SOMETHING effectively.

With this being my first post: hello all!

I have an account at SevenForums, and I see zero ads. Yet, as a registered member here, I'm still being plagued by ads next to every post.

Obviously, they're doing SOMETHING effectively.

With this being my first post: hello all!

Hi Jake and Welcome to The Forum, :D

I'll agree with you that they must be doing something right.

As a member here, you can "switch off" the linked in ads via your user settings. Hit the Settings link at the top of every screen. Once opened, scroll down the left hand column to General Settings. The scroll down again to Advertising:. Set that to On or Off, as is your want!

HTH, Elmer.

Hi Jake and Welcome to The Forum, :D

I'll agree with you that they must be doing something right.

As a member here, you can "switch off" the linked in ads via your user settings. Hit the Settings link at the top of every screen. Once opened, scroll down the left hand column to General Settings. The scroll down again to Advertising:. Set that to On or Off, as is your want!

HTH, Elmer.
Ah, thanks mate...appreciated!

We do not look at it as a competition at all. There are a lot of things we could discuss as to why their site has so many visitors, etc. But ultimately, if you are happy one place or another, be happy.

Jake Carb said:

Yes, welcome. We also don't know how much venture capital goes into their site. None goes to ours. You can certainly disable ads here. I had the opportunity to meet one of their associates in Bellevue, Washington, but the person had little interest in discussing anything - as in actually answering a friendly greeting like "Hello, how are you doing?". Windows7Forums.com was around first, a year before them, in fact. Their domain has only 11 characters, uses only letters and no numbers, while ours uses 12 letters and a number. Google's algorithm is a trade secret, but we don't keyword stuff or buy backlinks, which some sites seem to have done.

We used to also delete inactive accounts every year (people who never posted), or our old site would have well over 100,000 registered members right now. From a technical perspective, it looks like they never upgraded their forum code after v3.*, which is something that irks me, but its none of my business.

To me, it looks like they built up a big fan base with their tutorials and emphasis on acquiring backlinks Good for them.

Here's a good article:

The 7 Characteristics of Good Domain Names

I'd love to converse with them about how their site is run. They're just not interested in that level of socialization. Content creation is encouraged for revenue generation through the sale of affiliate software. That happens everywhere, but profit motive isn't our only goal. We came out with a mobile app and guess what they did... the list goes on. Maybe it's all a big coincidence. lol. Wish them well, certainly.

Last edited:
We do not look at it as a competition at all. There are a lot of things we could discuss as to why their site has so many visitors, etc. But ultimately, if you are happy one place or another, be happy.

Yes, welcome. We also don't know how much venture capital goes into their site. None goes to ours. You can certainly disable ads here. I had the opportunity to meet one of their associates in Bellevue, Washington, but the person had little interest in discussing anything - as in actually answering a friendly greeting like "Hello, how are you doing?". Windows7Forums.com was around first, a year before them, in fact. Their domain has only 11 characters, uses only letters and no numbers, while ours uses 12 letters and a number. Google's algorithm is a trade secret, but we don't keyword stuff or buy backlinks, which some sites seem to have done.

We used to also delete inactive accounts every year (people who never posted), or our old site would have well over 100,000 registered members right now. From a technical perspective, it looks like they never upgraded their forum code after v3.*, which is something that irks me, but its none of my business.

To me, it looks like they built up a big fan base with their tutorials and emphasis on acquiring backlinks Good for them.

Here's a good article:

The 7 Characteristics of Good Domain Names

I'd love to converse with them about how their site is run. They're just not interested in that level of socialization. Content creation is encouraged for revenue generation through the sale of affiliate software. That happens everywhere, but profit motive isn't our only goal. We came out with a mobile app and guess what they did... the list goes on. Maybe it's all a big coincidence. lol. Wish them well, certainly.
For business discussion about SevenForums, try speaking directly with the site administrators, not with one of the MVPs at the conference. That's like me meeting Andrea Boermen and assuming that all the members of windows7forums/windows8forums are trolls.

Not that it's relevant *at all*, every time I follow the email notification to this thread, I have to log in again. Cookies are enabled and I am selecting the "Stay logged in" button. Not to criticize VB4 or anything. True, it still could be browser-related, but I don't have trouble with any other forum and I CBA trying a different browser.

It's just pretty amusing to see Windows7/8forums.com bashing SevenForums. For all the poor members who got banned on SevenForums, at the end of the day, SF cleans up the board. While the rejects sit here griping, the higher-ranking SF members are probably sitting back chuckling.

BTW is nothing mentioned about SF's total post count of over 9 times W7F's?

My last post is in moderation yet...funny I never had to wait for Quoted posts to get approved on SF when I posted there...

BTW is nothing mentioned about SF's total post count of over 9 times W7F's?

My last post is in moderation yet...funny I never had to wait for Quoted posts to get approved on SF when I posted there...

I am so truly sorry that the post count at SevenForums is nine-fold Windows7Forums.com, truly.

And yes, your posts are in the moderation queue to prevent spam.

The administration of these sites do not dislike or even want to bash SF. We don't even know them. Are you a representative of that website or something? We have nothing against them at all. Individual moderators may, but they do not represent the websites in an official PR capacity. The only one who does is Mitchell.

it's bizarre to say the least, but i'm glad i found others to commiserate with
because now it isn't bizarre - it's just standard operating procedure (for them)

sevenforums.png

maybe they felt threatened or intimidated that i am the only one
i may be the only one that they know has a working activated copy of win 7:

1583007522210.png

that isn't running in virtualization

1583008077258.png

that has the latest generation processor, solid state drive, and usb 3 drivers
running flawlessly, like a top
like something they've never seen before, and may be never will

very truly yours,
hamid mazuji

Back