Windows 10 Sftp file manger

LT72884

So i know windows explorer supports ftp and mapping to an ftp directory, but does ot support sftp?

I imagine it should, i mean other os's have been supporting that feature for some time now.

I just dont know how to find it. I know on ubuntu, i just type it in the location bar and it works. I then can save that as a short cut in the file manager and drag and drop:)

Thanks

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Windows doesn't support ftp of any kind out of the box it does support SMB, so no it doesn't support sftp you'll need to install a ftp server that supports it such as Filezilla Server

Dude, that bites. They need to implement that into the file manager. I can do it with regular ftp from the location bar in windows explorer but they need some sftp haha

You can try installing WinSCP and try connecting to an sftp:// site I believe it will hand off the connection to WinSCP.

Thats true, it does open it in ie ot edge.

I do use winscp, i was just hoping that by now windows would have it inyegrated like linux does in theirs. In no way shape or form am i saying linux is better than windows. I still prefere windows over linux for its user friendlyness. I still cant watch netflix, youtube or prime on newest version of ubuntu. Haha.

Anyway i did find this product:

SFTP Net Drive

Have you or anyone else used it

Hmm, dang. I would switch to ubuntu but my wife would be sooo lost hahah

Redmond theme, not sure i have used that one. I jave used mint, xbuntu, and the newest one that i forget what they call it haha.

Side note, can you still dual boot with ubuntu and win 10? Or is it pretty tricky? My laptop only has room for one hdd and its what came with it and its win 10.

Thanks

Yes I'm doing just that
Ok cool. Last time i tried with ubuntu 14 i think, my hp was freaking out cuz of the recovery partition haha. As of right now, im going to run it in vmware player 6.0.7( i use this version because it gives me access to vmnetcfg.exe which allows me full controll of the network) to see if it will do what i need it to do.

Linuxes filemanger is soo soo much better than windows

Back
Top Bottom