Windows 10 SHIFT + ARROW DOWN

Curious

Extraordinary Member
Hello:
The functions within a text in Microsoft Edge or IE 11, using SHIFT + ARROW DOWN or SHIFT + END, worked well, selecting the text line by line or selecting the text until the end.
From about one or two months month these functions do not work anymore.
For example in Word ou other applications they work.
Yesterday I tried exactly the same with the same site and same text with Firefox and they work well.
Anyone can help me why they don't work in Edge and IE11?
The Windows 10 Version I have installed is: Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.479)
The functions work but they don´t select the text.
I have to make the same function with mouth but is very slow.
Thanks a lot.
Best regards and Happy Christmas and Happy New Year for all of members and his families..

Curious

Both those functions work on my Edge and IE11 no problem. I suspect you have either windows corruption or virus/malware infection. The first thing to do is try to rollback your W10 using the built-in SYSTEM RESTORE to a point in time before the problem began to appear. That works some of the time, maybe 1 in 4. If it does, you're computer is fixed and you're good to go! :up:

If the problem persists; we recommend you scan with whatever your AV is you have installed on the computer and scan/remove all found viruses. Retest for the problem. If it does, you're computer is fixed and you're good to go! :up:

If the problem persists, next check for spyware viruses using the free MALWAREBYTES from malwarebytes.org. scan/remove all found spyware viruses. Retest for the problem. If it does, you're computer is fixed and you're good to go! :up:

If the problem persists, you might have further windows corruption caused by non-virus/malware sources, or failing or failed hardware. In either case you need to determine which is the case, so the best way to do this is to test your hardware. Then apply increasingly more aggressive software solutions until you repair it up to and including W10 reinstallation. If you fail to test your hardware 1st, the software may repair the problem temporarily, but it will reappear in hours/days/weeks/months if the real cause is hardware failure.

I wrote a very helpful Troubleshooting Guide which will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to test your hardware and repair or reinstall ;W10--which 99% of the time will fix your problem assuming your hardware tested Ok or if components failed you replaced them with brand new ones.
Here's the link to my Guide: Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar

Post back if you have any problems with the Guide troubleshooting.
Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Last edited:
Back