Windows 7 SigmaTel Audio on LG LE50

RRPELLET

It took me about 5 hours to get this, but I finally have sound on my LG LE50 Express laptop!

I tried the generic Microsoft driver, a number of Sigmatel drivers acquired from Dell, and some IDT drivers found on one of those drivers web sites. They all installed correctly (Device Manager said they were working OK), but the Sound applet in Control Panel always said there was no audio device installed.

Finally I tried the Toshiba web site. Found a couple of Vista drivers there, and the first one I tried worked.

For anyone else out there trying to work through this very stubborn issue, search for "SigmaTel HD Audio" at http://askiris.toshiba.com. Scroll down until you find the ones for Vista: I tried the Version 6.10.0.5286 first, and it worked for me. There is at least one other on that first page, but may be others as well.

I'm a pretty happy guy (I hate to let a problem like this beat me), but I'll be even happier if this helps someone else save some time.

(There's a day of my life I'll never get back...)

It took me about 5 hours to get this, but I finally have sound on my LG LE50 Express laptop!

I tried the generic Microsoft driver, a number of Sigmatel drivers acquired from Dell, and some IDT drivers found on one of those drivers web sites. They all installed correctly (Device Manager said they were working OK), but the Sound applet in Control Panel always said there was no audio device installed.

Finally I tried the Toshiba web site. Found a couple of Vista drivers there, and the first one I tried worked.

For anyone else out there trying to work through this very stubborn issue, search for "SigmaTel HD Audio" at Toshiba. Scroll down until you find the ones for Vista: I tried the Version 6.10.0.5286 first, and it worked for me. There is at least one other on that first page, but may be others as well.

I'm a pretty happy guy (I hate to let a problem like this beat me), but I'll be even happier if this helps someone else save some time.

(There's a day of my life I'll never get back...)

Youv'e done it...
Saved my life.
Been googling for almost an hour.
Downloading and installing several driver packs and updates.

This is working perfectly.

Regards.. A happy user

Back