Windows 7 SOLVED - Laptop locked, password not known

ImmieE

My Grandson moved to Colorado and left his Acer laptop at our house. I called him and said I was going to send it to him but he said I could keep it because it was locked and he couldn't remember the password he used.

He has since got a new one so is there anyway that I can change this doorstop back to a usable computer?

Thank you

Can be done - when you say it is locked are you referring to the Windows password or the BIOS Password? Also which operating system has the laptop got?

Can be done - when you say it is locked are you referring to the Windows password or the BIOS Password? Also which operating system has the laptop got?

The Windows' password.

Windows 7.

Thanks for the reply, Pat

ImmieE

Thanks to everybody. I, being the idiot I am, found out the reason I couldn't sign in was the keyboard doesn't work. So I may have the correct password but I just can't type it in.

Now I've got to get a new keyboard.

Thanks to everybody. I, being the idiot I am, found out the reason I couldn't sign in was the keyboard doesn't work. So I may have the correct password but I just can't type it in.
Thanks for the update and congratulations on having what it takes to make our day by telling everyone! :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom