Windows 8 [SOLVED]Recovery Options Missing

I am very glad to see you have it straightened out.... Good work...

I have some additional information to share. I have a Yoga 11s Haswell laptop. A few months ago, I upgraded memory to 8 GB and the ssd to 256 GB. After the problem I had with Asus, I checked the Yoga for recovery options. I found the same problem I had with the Asus, no recovery options! And even worse, using a backup I had did not solve the problem as it did with the Asus. I called Lenovo Tech Support and they agreed to send me a recovery CD with a three business day delivery. But, I still tried to think of a way to "fix" the problem. I tried a few things, then stumbled onto a very simple "fix". I simply used Paragon Partition Manager 2014 (Free) to assign drive letters to the two recovery partitions. Believe it or not, the recovery options are now all available. And I removed the drive letters and the recovery options are still there!

I checked the partition information prior to my "fix" and the partitions showed as "raw" , just like the Asus. And Windows Disk Manager listed the partitions, but would not allow any operations on the partitions. And if a remember correctly, Paragon Hard Drive Manager 2012 would not allow any operations on the "raw" partitions either.

Anyway, I hope this information may be of help to anyone having the same issue.

Thanks, Jim

Back
Top Bottom