Windows 7 sound not working in front panel

ferydaboss

hey guys! i'm new here, just installed windows 7 yesterday, and i can;t seem to find any solution for making the audio work in the front panel for my headphones and microphone. of course my MB cd doesn't work (asus M2N68) with on board audio. i had Xp before, and the front panel worked without any problems, but now i can't get it working... tried the simple driver, newest driver, tried from bios (it's on HD) and i cannot get it to work... any suggestions? anyone?

try right clicking on speaker icon.

select playback devices and make sure that your outputs are shown if they are then make sure windows has not muted, right click same speaker icon, select vol. control options make sure all devices concected has a check mark by it. good luck

tried it

and guess what...nothing... dose anyone use team viewer? its a free app remote control desktop like, if someone could help me! thanks! ;)

Don't know if this will work for you, but as far as i have tried it (4 PCs) it works:
download the realtek drivers for windows 7 ( enter Vista_Win7_R234.exe into google and download)
install
restart
double click the Realtek HD Manager mini-icon on the pop-up list near the clock
select tab "Speakers"
on the right there will be a picture of your jack housings, above it it says "Analog" and above "Analog" there's a little folder icon, that's the settings menu, click it
select (tick) "Disable front panel jack detection"
press ok
enjoy sound from your front panel

hey guys! i pulled out the cable from my MB and replugged them and they work :) and of course i had to "disable front panel jack..." thanks 2 u all guys :D

the same problem

i'm just having the same problem
i tried many versions of drivers,
but nothing and i can't found
where to disable the front panel jacks

We need to know the exct make and model of your sound card

Also Could you please fill in your computer specs in the UserCP link at the top left hand side of the page.

Then click Edit Your Details.

This freeware program will give you all the information you will need:

SIV (System Information Viewer) 4.03

here is the info

Sound Device
SigmaTel STAC9221 A2 @ Intel 82801GB ICH7 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-1] PCI
Processor
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E2140 (Allendale-1024) [L2] 1.60GHz Socket 775 FC-LGA6 (Genuine Intel(R) CPU
System
WIndows 7 x83

if there is something more that you need
tell me, i only put here the one i thought you would need

problem solved

Thanks for the help,
the site of drivers you posted have only paid download
but i was downloading Vista_Win7_R234,
and right now i have tried to install this,
both front and back panel are normal

i had used Vista_Win7_R232 and nothing
happenned , i think that they must have
made some update

Are you sure that was a pay site.?

I;vie been to that site before and you had to click on the download link the scroll down to the bottom of the page and punch in those weird numbers and alerter to get the downloads.

I don't why why I writing all this I'll go try it myself.

Now I see, you have to be a member.

Sorry about that I'll keep looking.

i uninstalled my old drivers and tried some drivers
of these sites, but none had effect, but when i
was going to install the old driver, i didn't find it,
so i restarted the search and found out
that the drive that i needed was idt high definition

i downloaded it, and now the sound is perfect
thank you again for the help

Back