Windows 10 Sound not working

BrutalMoose

Hello, I have installed a fresh Windows 10, from Microsoft.com, but there is no sound. This is a desktop from about 2012. I have performed all Windows updates, I clicked the check for updates over and over, to make sure all of them were installed, included the optional ones. I checked the cabling, and I made sure the external aux speakers are plugged in, turned on, and volume is up alot. I ran the Windows audio automated robotic troubleshooter, I confirmed the windows volume is max, I confirmed that the Speakers are the default audio device. PC has been restarted several times. I manually updated the audio driver.

What else can I try?

Not sure if drivers are replaced with update. Tried to update drivers before I updated but couldn't.

Have you installed the motherboard chipset and sound drivers after you did a fresh install of Windows 10?

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Hello, I have installed a fresh Windows 10, from Microsoft.com, but there is no sound. This is a desktop from about 2012. I have performed all Windows updates, I clicked the check for updates over and over, to make sure all of them were installed, included the optional ones. I checked the cabling, and I made sure the external aux speakers are plugged in, turned on, and volume is up alot. I ran the Windows audio automated robotic troubleshooter, I confirmed the windows volume is max, I confirmed that the Speakers are the default audio device. PC has been restarted several times. I manually updated the audio driver.

What else can I try?
Yes if its a custom build you most likely have to get the drivers from the board manufacturer or depending on the specs get it from Realtek or whatever the company is that manufactured the on-board audio. Can you post system specs here?

Back
Top Bottom