Windows 10 SSD Corruption on AMD FM2 Platform

riesscar

Greetings,

I am experiencing an issue with Windows 10 since my upgrade. Just a little info first:

I installed Win10 cleanly (I kept nothing from Win 8.1)
The SSD is a Samsung 840 EVO, set up as a GPT volume, and it is not my OS drive. I use it as my game installation location.

The issue:

My SSD keeps corrupting, locking and freezing. The only way that I can fix it is by using Samsung's Secure Erase feature.

The Windows event log states the following:

"Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued"

I installed chipset drivers for Windows 10 from AMD, as well as the latest Catalyst Control Center. I have also tried setting the SSD up as a MBR volume.

My MB is an ASUS F2A85-M Pro, and ASUS does not have any Windows 10 drivers on their support page.

Interestingly, my Intel SSD 520 (my OS drive) does not suffer the same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions. I have doubts regarding the SSD being defective, as I had no issues until upgrading to Windows 10.

Thanks,

Carson

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm using a 840 EVO and a 850 EVO and I'm not experiencing the same issue. Is Windows generating any memory dumps? C:\Windows\Minidump

No, it's not part of a RAID array, so I'm not sure what is going on. I booted up and the drive was recognized. It's been 2 hrs and I've yet to have it disappear; however, I've also not yet put any load on the drive. It kept happening when I was attempting to download or transfer onto the drive... suddenly it would say that the location does not exist.

Just to follow up... I'm not having the issue anymore, but I don't know why. Perhaps an update or something.

It's possible, Microsoft is pushing updates out like crazy. They're slated to push SR1 in August sometime. SR (Service Release)

Back