Windows 8 Start Menu Apps stopped working

Hiram

Extraordinary Member
Today I realized that I couldn't open Settings/Change PC Settings (in Charm Bar). I also couldn't open the Store from the Start Menu app. Finally, when I tried to open an app on the Metro Start, it just went to my desktop.

After much googling, I worked through the steps at this link: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/21051-apps-tiles-not-working-responding-fix-windows-8-a.html. I can now open Change PC Settings and Store.

But the rest of the apps just have an "x" on the corner. When I click the app, it says that "The app needs to be repaired", and refers me to the Store. When I go to the Store, I get "Something happened and the app couldn't be installed. Error 0x80070002." If I uninstall the app, then try to reinstall, I get: "This app can't be installed".

I have found nothing or no one who can help. So I've come to this trusted sight.

None of my apps are working, so I pray that I can resolve this.
Thanks.

Hi,
apologies as it seems your post was missed.
Similar to the System File Checker is the DISM Tool. This will, if possible, download files to repair missing or corrupt data. Open the admin command prompt and type:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Press enter and await results.

Back