Windows 8 Start Screen Tiles Re-arrange Themselves

Hmm... ok.
Now is there any software that both systems are using which is third party?

Did you try the malicious software remover Jim and may I ask if both machines are updated fully via Windows update?

OK, I ran the Microsoft tool on quick scan and found no problems. I don't use any external monitor. I haven't had time to to go through the other suggested thread yet.

I keep up to date on Windows updates including Windows Defender. I keep up to date on Malwarebytes. I do regular scans with Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.

Of course I have third party apps. But, I am not ready to take that last resort of uninstalling apps or re-installing Windows.

Just to recap:

My Lenovo Yoga 11s Haswell moves the two bottom rows of ICONS down one row and leaves a blank row there any time the on screen keyboard pops up. The icons are not scrambled, just moved down one row. Easy to restore.

My Asus UX303LA scrambles the TILES. The tile grid remains 4 x 8 but the position of the tiles changes. I haven't discovered the trigger yet. This could be similar to what happens on the Yoga, but moving one or two tiles down could cause re-arrangement because of the way Windows changes tile positions. (All of that crazy up, down and sideways movement caused by moving one tile.)

Thanks for your efforts, Jim

Back
Top Bottom