Windows 7 Sticky Keys BUG

xelocity

Hello everyone, i have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium - 32 bit.

I started typing, using my left shift button and all the sudden a box popped up just as i was hitting enter. I briefly saw Filter keys on the title before the window disappeared.

After that, my keyboard stopped working! I went into the settings and found that Filter keys had turned itself on. So i turned it off and my keyboard is now working again. Filter keys shouldn't disable your entire keyboard, should only stop repetitious keys from being entered but for some reason it did.

Filter Keys - (description in the control panel) "Ignore or slow down brief or repeated keystrokes and adjust keyboard repeat rates.

For some reason, Filter Keys default settings, (when filter keys is enabled), disables the keyboard. For one, it says using the right shift key 8 times it will enable, i was using the left. Not a big problem but its still incorrect. However, i do not see anywhere in the settings to where it would disable the entire keyboard. Either that, or its this Toshiba Satellite laptop.

For instructions on how to turn off filter keys in case this ever happens to you, read below:

1. Left Click "Start"
2. Left Click "Control Panel"
3. Left Click "Ease of Access"
4. Left Click "Ease of Access Center"
5. Scroll to the bottom of the window
6. Left Click "Make the keyboard easier to use"
7. Un-Check "Filter Keys"
8. Left Click "OK"

I started typing, using my left shift button and all the sudden a box popped up just as i was hitting enter. I briefly saw Filter keys on the title before the window disappeared.
Had you set up Filter keys prior to this happening. It appears you have to turn on the 8 second option, and neither one of my shift keys turns it on until I select that option.

After that, my keyboard stopped working! I went into the settings and found that Filter keys had turned itself on. So i turned it off and my keyboard is now working again. Filter keys shouldn't disable your entire keyboard, should only stop repetitious keys from being entered but for some reason it did.
Does your Bounce key setting still say .5 seconds? What time limits do you show for repeat keys? Otherwise, I could not explain you experience.

However, i do not see anywhere in the settings to where it would disable the entire keyboard. Either that, or its this Toshiba Satellite laptop.
Mine seems to work as advertised. I might agree it has something to do with the laptop keyboard. Maybe it uses a special driver to set certain keys. You might look in Device Manager and see what type of keyboard it is showing, but Toshiba might have the best answer.

Back
Top Bottom