Windows 7 Stop showing taskbar when mouse hovers the bottom of the screen

gabrielkfl

Hello everyone. Well, basically, I wanted to preserve all the features of my taskbar and just stop it from showing up when I hover the bottom of the screen with the mouse (activating it with the windows key instead), is that possible?

I get a little irritated sometimes on my laptop the way the Taskbar works, but I do not know of a way to keep it from poping up.

Have you given any thought to moving the taskbar to the top or side of the display?

Yeah, but it just makes it all worse.

Oh, and, that hack does the trick, but it's not exactly what I was looking for. Also, I'd rather get a native solution, if possible.

Still, thanks for the help guys. ^^

Yeah, but it just makes it all worse.

Oh, and, that hack does the trick, but it's not exactly what I was looking for. Also, I'd rather get a native solution, if possible.

Still, thanks for the help guys. ^^
I'm sorry but I don't think there is a native solution. You would probably have to disable explorer.exe but then your icons would go away

I know. But it's odd, 'cause it's such a simple thing to code. All you'd have to do is encase the mouse listener's method for the taskbar into an IF and then add a checkbox into the taskbar properties.

Hello everyone. Well, basically, I wanted to preserve all the features of my taskbar and just stop it from showing up when I hover the bottom of the screen with the mouse (activating it with the windows key instead), is that possible?

Could you clarify it, what you want is press "Win" to see the preview of your desktop, known as Aero Snap ?

You know what happens when you press the win key normally, right? The start menu pops up and the taskbar appears if it was hidden. I don't wanna change that, it's ok. I just want to stop the taskbar from showing when I hover the bottom of the screen with the mouse.

Hi

I use Task Bar Eliminator when I'm running programs where the task bar gets in the way.
Using hide does not make some program fill the screen to the bottom but still leaves the space for the task bar even when it's not there.

Other's fill the screen but every time I try and click on something at the bottom the task bar pops up, very annoying.
I wish it worked the same way it did in XP.

Task bar eliminates these problems and lets the program extend it's window to the bottom without popping up every time I try and click on something at the bottom of the screen.

You just have to remember that you have to hit Alt + T to get your task bar back when you are done.

Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom