Windows 7 Stuck even after format on high resolution

Kostadinos Nno

Hi! I know one things to two but this has never happened again!
I did a format on my computer and reinstalled windows 7.they worked well untill they restarted with a high resolution. Yeah exactly. Every time windows update downloads nvidia drivers(gtx460) windows STUCKS at welcome screen. Actually it shows only welcome screen but you can use windows normally(I can hear the sounds and if you press ctrl+alt+delete you can actually restart or shut down) but you only see tha classic windows 7 wallpaper.

I tried to start with f8 in safe mode or in low resolution mode and it works. But I want high resolution. Why doesn't it work on high resolution EVEN AFTER REFORMMATING 3 times?

This may not be the most professional advice but, sometimes Windows Update gets it messed up. You could try a direct download from NVidia:

1. Download the drivers from NVidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 >>>
2. Uninstall any present drivers
3. Reboot
4. Install the package from NVidia
5. Reboot

Between 2 and 3 a registry check / fix could be wise, although these checks have been questioned by many. I've used Free Window Registry Repair: a windows registry repair freeware. for many years, no problems. But I don't really have the expertise about it.

Hope you get it running. :)

Back