Windows 7 System Resume Failure

Neko

I have recently bought a computer and I have found that when I turn it on it runs normally until after the "Resuming Windows" screen, where everything turns off and the screen goes black. It had been running well for the last few days, so this came out of nowhere.

I have searched this problem and I come up with a bunch of different solutions but no one agrees. The most common reason (apparently) is my version of Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) and I need to install something or other. But I can't even get to the desktop, and no one really explains it simply.

If anyone can give me a solution I'd greatly appreciate it, and I apologize, but I am more-or-less computer inept. Even if you can just link me a comprehensive tutorial I'd appreciate it!

RIG:
~Intel Core i7 960 Quad Core Processor LGA1366 3.2GHZ Bloomfield 8MB LGA1366 4.8GT/S Retail Box
~Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 High Performance CPU Cooler System LGA1155 LGA1366 LGA1156 AM2 AM3
~Gigabyte G1.Guerrilla ATX LGA1366 X58 DDR3 3PCI-E16 1PCI USB3.0 Bigfoot Killer 2100 SLI Motherboard
~Corsair Vengeance CMZ6GX3M3A1600C9 6GB 3X2GB DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 Triple Channel Memory Kit
~GeForce GTX 580 772MHZ 1536MB 4GHZ GDDR5 PCI-E Dual DVI-I Mini HDMI
~Antec Twelve Hundred 1200 V3 Full Tower Gaming Case 12X 5.25/3.5IN Bays 2.5IN USB 3.0 ATX Cpx
~Corsair TX750 V2 750W ATX 12V Single Rail 60A 24PIN ATX Power Supply Active PFC 80PLUS Bronze
~Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64BIT DVD OEM
~Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA3 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB Cache 3.5IN Dual Proc Hard Drive OEM
~OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Sandforce 60GB 2.5IN SATA2 Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD

SOUND CARD: Integrated On My Motherboard
ETHERNET CARD:
Integrated On My Motherboard

Have you shut the system down completely? The resuming screen comes from hibernation, I believe.

You are giving it some time to catch up?

If you get it back, you might try opening an administrative command window and typing

powercfg -energy

hit enter and give it a couple of minutes. It is best to shut down all non-essential programs prior to doing this. When it is done, it leaves and energy.html file in the Windows\System32 folder I believe, but make note of what it says.

Copy the file to the desktop to open and see if any errors show up. Most folks get the USB warnings, so don't worry about those.

Well that's the thing, it WON'T catch up. It goes black and STAYS black. The Keyboard and Mouse (both USB 2) become unresponsive and I have tried hitting the RESET button, holding the POWER button, and even flipping the power switch in the back. Nothing works.

About I could suggest, if you can get to take is to boot to the Install DVD and do a startup Repair. Perhaps if you get it to stop for a while in the bios or if you hit a key like F10 during the boot, it will give you that option.

If nothing else, unplug the hard drives and let it boot to a DVD.....Maybe that would reset it. If it goes straight to a resume scenario from a complete shutdown, something has gotten corrupted in the boot sequence.

Back
Top Bottom