Windows 7 Tcp/IP Lan gaming problem

DJK

When I try to host a game over lan using the tcp/ip protocol (like most games support) the screen freezes.

At first I thought it was the games fault, but after having the exact same problem in 3 different games, this is not possible anymore.

I first had this issue in Commandos 2, whenever I try to host using Tcp/ip the game freezes, cursor blocks (music keeps playing) and the only way out is a alt-tab-delete process kill.

Secondly I tried hosting a Age of Wonder Shadow Magic game, whenever I try to host using Tcp/ip the game freezes, cursor blocks (music keeps playing) and the only way out is a alt-tab-delete process kill.

Thirdly I tried hosting a Disciples 2 game, whenever I try to host using Tcp/ip the game freezes, cursor blocks (music keeps playing) and the only way out is a alt-tab-delete process kill.

I'm sure the pattern is getting clear, something is screwed on my networking side. It's a 8 pc network over a router and switch that didn't rly gave me problems before. The internet works fine on all 8 pc's and I can detect, browse and copy fine from any pc to any pc.

Some other games I play in a lan setup (Counterstrike, Unreal, Flatout 2 etc) all work fine, maybe they use another protocol or something cause coindidently or not, all 3 games that give me problems specifically mention "tcp/ip" when hosting a game, while those that do work do not.

Again all 3 give me the EXACT same problem, as soon as I press a "host game" button, the game cursor blocks, the game hangs but the game music keeps playing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Back