Windows 7 The problem of Nvidia Network Controller for Windows 7 Please Help me

Dirtyrobin

Hello, I am using Windows 7 professional on my Hp pavilion dv9657em laptop, the problem is I cannot use Lan to access the internet, I checked the device manager, and all my devices are working normally, can Nividia Network Controller has no driver problems, I tried to update the lastest driver for it, but nothing changed.

What the funny thing is, the router in my house in on the groud floor, and I living on the 1st floor, when I using my laptop on the groud floor, everything is fine, and I can use LAN to log on the internet, but when I go upstairs, the internet icon shows only local, no internet acess. I am going crazy for this stupid machine, and I do not know what is going on with it.

I was using Windows vista, and has the same problem, both of systems can using wireless to access internet. This problems happens a month ago when I was still using Windows7 beta, I think I updated the system, then the problem happened.

I really wish to get help with it, it is crazy only access Lan downstairs, and I do not know what is going on.

Please help, many thanks.
Robin

Have you tried the hp forums? I can't tell if you're saying it has worked before when you go upstairs or it never has worked when you go upstairs.

Could you be picking up another wireless device not in your sytem when you are upstairs? Do you have a way to know exactly which router you are seeing? If you click on Local Area Connection in the Network Sharing Center then on Details, it will list all the addresses you are using. See if anything looks unfamiliar.

In the network sharing center, you probably have a red x before the internet. You might be able to click or right click on that to start a trouble shooter.

You might try changing the position of the router antenna. Transmissions are normally perpendicular to the antenna, so if you are above it, you might try laying them close to horizontal.

Last edited:
I just installed windows 7 ultimate on an hp pavilion dv6000 and I'm running into a big issue with the NVIDIA nForce networking controller. I uninstalled it through device manager and when I restarted it I was able to use the Internet wirelessly, LAN has yet to work. now I can't even get the wireless connection going ... Please help it'd be treasured for eternity :$

Back
Top Bottom