Windows 7 The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network

wildilwh09

Hello guys,

I have just finished my very first computer build and am rather happy with most things.

Unfortunately I am having problems connecting to the internet.

I have a temporary dongle in place and because it's my only option for about a month I kinda need it to work.

When I first connected it I found my connection and I successfully connected, I downloaded Google Chrome and Steam, then unfortunately it randomly stopped working.

Where the strength bar should of been, there was a large red cross, when I found my connection it read "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network." I Googled this and people said delete your connection and reconnect, that didn't work, so then I tried to set my security type to something different or off as recommended in a solved post, the problem persisted.

Now after restarting my computer several times it sometimes rejects my password, or comes up with the "the settings for the network..." and on rare occasions it connects then 5 minutes later comes up wit my original problem.

I have tried resetting my connection details as what is saved on my laptop and mac and they don't work either.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards, Lee.

I have just finished my very first computer build and am rather happy with most things.
System specs....all of them as detailed as possible.

After the build did you run you mobo disc and install all the drivers required?

I'm sorry; I should have probably started a new thread. The issue seems to be common on laptops, and though this page shows the way to fix it, I seem to only be making it worse. I have no idea what I'm doing for Network connecting. I can build a gaming PC, but I have never had good luck with connections, and others have fixed it for me. Now, no one seems to know what to do.

http://www.pctechbytes.com/networking/wireless-settings-not-match-network/

Actually, though I did install everything in my PC, I am completely ignorant of most software issues. I plugged things in, and everything worked right off the bat. I didn't build this laptop, though. It's a Valkerie from IBuyPower PC. It does have the Killer Network program, though I don't think that's the problem. I will have to dig up the specs. I only know it has an i7 and a 680 card. heh.

Back