Windows 7 Toolbar Issue - Help

Quilters

Hi,

I am new to Windows 7 and am having issues with the toolbar blocking the bottom of websites where you need to click on the 'next' or 'continue' buttons, its like the web page is too big for my screen...also when playing Football Manager the screen blocks the botton inch of screen...

Is it a Windows 7 issue?

Thanks

Hello and welcome.

Which toolbar are you talking about? A screenshot would be good.
Can a higher screen resolution help?

In your browser window, press Ctr+/- to zoom pages in and out.

No idea. Can you attach a screenshot? This can be done by hitting print screen and going to Paint. Use the paste button and save it as .jpg file. Use attachments here to upload the screenshot.

Hi,

I am new to Windows 7 and am having issues with the toolbar blocking the bottom of websites where you need to click on the 'next' or 'continue' buttons, its like the web page is too big for my screen...also when playing Football Manager the screen blocks the botton inch of screen...

Is it a Windows 7 issue?

Thanks

No, it's not a Windows 7 issue

That's the "Taskbar" you're referring to.
On to the fix, you can do a few things, 1 autohide the taskbar, 2 resize your browser window.

Auto hide:

1. Right-click on a blank or empty space on the taskbar and choose "Properties" from the menu that opens. The "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" window appears. Alternatively, click the "Start" orb and type "taskbar" in the instant search box. "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" appears in the list for you to choose.
  2. Click the "Auto-hide the taskbar" check box.
  3. Click "OK" and the taskbar disappears. The taskbar reappears when you hover your mouse over the space where the taskbar used to show previously.
Resize your Browser window;

Simply move the mouse to the edge of the window till the cursor changes to a double arrow, then by holding the mouse button down, drag the window to the size you want. You can do this to all 4 sides to fit the browser window so the bottom sits above the taskbar.

Personally, I auto hide the taskbar, gives more page viewing space and it makes my desktop look really clean.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks, I have it set to auto hide but its a pain as it still covers the tab keys slightly...when I first got the pc it didn't happen...Also when playing football manager you can't see the bottom either....its like my screen size has got bigger....

I have tried the corner/sides reduction but the icon doesn't change to arrows!!

Please, attach a screenshot:

No idea. Can you attach a screenshot? This can be done by hitting print screen and going to Paint. Use the paste button and save it as .jpg file. Use attachments here to upload the screenshot.

Try right-clicking on the shortcut , choose properties. Next to the Run section, choose Maximized.

Back