Windows 7 toshiba laptop black screen.

buriiteti

ok im just going to put it out there and say i have absolutely no knowledge with computers or technolagy really. i got my first laptop last year and it worked fine till now. its a toshiba. but everytime i start it up it. goes to a black screen saying check cable connection! pxe-mof : exiting intel pxe rom. no bootable device-- insert boot disk and press any key.
i dont know what the heck it means. also i hit f2 or f12 and it pops up with a lot of selextions i once again dont know about. i would go get it fixed but i just dont have the money? help please

When using F2/F12 do you see an option for "last known good configuration"? If so select that and follow instructions and then report back with your results.

If it is referring to PXE, that might mean the primary boot device is set to a network location. Have you checked the bios and made sure the primary is set as the correct hard drive in case of a Legacy install or a Windows Boot Manager in cases of a UEFI install. A boot device menu should show your options, so see if one of the options is listed and select it.

Back
Top Bottom