Windows 7 Turn off "Show more details..." when selecting more than 15 files

He means, If we select more than 15 files in windows explorer , Show more details will be displayed at details pane rather than details. If we select below 15 files in details pane ,it clearly shows total size and number of files.

So is there any way to make it show details all the time instead we click each time "show more details".
Thanks in advance

That's still very strange, never herd of that one

maybe I;m missing something, but what does it matter>?

yes sir, it matters a lot. especially me i use explorer very much and each time to click "show more details" is very irrtating and time consume. try it yourself please. If it is 2 or 4 times means its nothing but if it is more than 50+ times ,it's very annoying.

He means the pane at the bottom of the Windows explorer, (details pane), reghakr. You can turn the pane off, of course, through the "Organize" option, but I don't think there is any way to accomplish what you are requesting. In the Technet forums, it has been suggested as an update to Windows 7.

I understand,.

the only advice I can giver it to select all those files,. the right-click and choose properties.

Very poor solution probably

Ahhhh this is a pet peeve of mine as well. I think if yuor comp is powerful enough to run Win 7, you shouldn't have any issues showing file size/file info for multiple files.

Perhaps you misunderstood, Snoogans?
He means if you purchase (hard cash) a system allegedly as advanced and sophisticated as Windows 7, you would not normally expect hassles, even on small points.

Is it really? I guess it's not sir. And also how much powerful PC or sophisticated one need than my PC to run windows 7. I believe mine was pretty much top end system plus compatible with windows 7.

I am sorry if it is misunderstanding again.. Below is his sentence.. Showing more than 15+ files size/info option goes to "show more details" in details pane automatically. so i guess it has nothing to do with PC power.

Ahhhh this is a pet peeve of mine as well. I think if yuor comp is powerful enough to run Win 7, you shouldn't have any issues showing file size/file info for multiple files.

I get what's being discussed. If you select more than 15 files you have to click the link at the bottom of the window to show more details. What I was saying is that since Win 7 does require a fairly new setup that it should not be an issue of speed or whatever MS has decided the reason is to not show details on multiple files. It should have an option to be automatic.

Last edited:
I don't understand what you use this feature for and how does it help you?

in what way does it benefit you

Last edited:
And that's the truth, Reghakr. I am an overindulgent user of Windows Explorer. Until this thread came up I had not even paid attention to that bit on the bottom. Now I started to see it, damn, so I have hidden it - lol.

I use Windows Explorer most all of the time.

I keep my most frequently used program on the Quick Launch bar a a "few" on my desktop

If I'm moving files around or trying to find out what's taking up so much HDD space it's nice to click the show more details to get the size details. On the other hand it is a bit of a pain to have to click it each time I select more than 15 files - should have a drop down that will auto show the file size info.

You can see the size, if that is all you need, by selecting the "detail" view in "tools - Folder options" If you then click "View" in the top bar, you can select "choose details " and put in any extra columns you desire.

Last edited:
Back