Windows 7 un-installing Beta version of Windows Live Messenger

schwartz

Hi can someone help me. I recently installed the latest version of Windows Live Messenger (beta version). I have decided to go back to the earlier version of Messenger but got told that Messenger is already installed. I then tried the obvious next step by going into Control Panel/Programs and Features and clicking on the uninstall function of Windows Live essentials Beta. The amazing thing is that the 'System' basically ignored the instruction....nothing happened...and when I re-clicked on the 'uninstall' button I got a message saying: ''pls wait until the current operation is finished' (or something to that affect). This is the first time the instruction to 'uninstall' a program got ignored.

Have you tried rebooting and following the same steps?

Have you tried rebooting and following the same steps?

Yes I did...with the same result. Nearly feels like something is blocking the instruction...Microsoft maybe (just kidding)! There is nowhere else I can try to uninstall short of deleting all entries including Registry?

Last edited:
Do you have a system restore point you could go back to?

Do you have a system restore point you could go back to?

Hi, thanks for your continued interest in my problem. Yes I have a system restore point and was aware that I could use that option, but reluctant to do so unless as a last resort. I have now realized that this indeed was the only option left so I have proceeded along this path (even though the backup was done two months ago). I am happy to report that the 'restore' fixed the problem and I am back at the 2009 version of Live Messenger. It has shown me though that the use of Beta versions can be fraught with dangers, including compatibility problems with older versions (my brother in Holland uses the 2009 version). I have clicked on the 'thanks' button in case this is part of a 'rap' system for you. Regards, Arnold Smith

well i've had the same thing happen to me aswel, kinda am trying install msn on my laptop but it says, that i allready have it installed, i've check every folder in the hard drive and cant seem to find it, i've uninstalled it, but when trying reinstall it, it dosnt seem to let me :S
by the way
yes i know about the system restore point :D:p
only reason am asking is as i cant think off what else to do,
i've ran scans, repairs nothing has come up is there a program i can use?

btw bassfisher am give the program you said ago to see if that helps
will let you know if it worked :D

Sometimes I've gotten round this problem by actually re-installing the app again and then using the uninstaller. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't..

yehh thats true but the thing is i cant seem to find it in the control panel, to uninstall it, its hiding, am going try making a new user and see if it pops up there

I gave the new beta version a go again and again I had problems with it. Short cut (icon) not working. Although this time I was able to uninstall it completely using Revo uninstaller. Downside was the uninstall removed old version as well. I had to reinstall previous version. I guess I'm not meant to use that beta version. All is well again.

yehh thats true but the thing is i cant seem to find it in the control panel, to uninstall it, its hiding, am going try making a new user and see if it pops up there

Have you checked under 'installed updates'?

That worked for me, but noow i cant sign in soo
am trying this noow

Link Removed - Invalid URL

i'll let you all know how it gose and so far i think this going be a Win

News Update: it works if you finding it hard go on the site and dowload two differnt programs and do as it says on the site,
you msn should be up and working in no time :D

Last edited:
Back